I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 27

My theory is that the pills are something like a restraint to her real powers and is also the reason she was supposed to die, according to the real plot, so technically her father is trynna kill her. Or her father could also be decieved by the temple or hes an accomplice, not sure. (her father looks too kind im sus and he keeps pushing her to consume the pills and im guessing why he doesnt approve of the marriage is because the duke is very influential and he could know about the pills, which will obviously cause direct suspicion to the temple, because that is where it came from) thats my guess tho. Anyways, thank you to the scanlators <33

Dex-chan lover
What if the pills are stealing her power and giving it to the Church?
Idk I can't wait to see what they really are though but don't think her father is all that innocent. It looks like he's doing something shady with the church because it was strange for the church to immediately get involved once her name had been mentioned. But if it's so important the church watches over her why didn't the Father have her become a priest or arrange a marriage that wouldn't have her leave his sight so he could watch over her pill consumption. It must really have something to do with the Duke, maybe their powers clash and something bad could happen to her?

Dex-chan lover
Bet the pills are supposed to keep her other world's memories suppressed. Her dad seemed pretty worried about her after all.

Aggregator gang
Adding to the giraffe neck, now here we have, Pentel eyebrows~ 🤣
Thank you so much, Sawateam!

Here is my theory for the pills, the church is trying to suppress her power to monopolize the purifying power. Since she's from an aristocratic family they won't be able to have full control of her, thus they make a ruse that FL needed 'supplements' to keep the family under their thumbs. Probably did it for every family member that had exceptional power. It also explains why the heroin is the only purifier. She's most likely from a commoner background that is solely dependent on the church. All about power imo

Lets see.....the reason why she doesn't have even the basic magic is because the pills? And the protagonist who DOES have light magic, they were undetected to have the light magic in them until they openly exhibited the magic. This is probably to do with the church and keeping themselves powerful. So that's why the commoner is then taken in by the church, monitored and given a church title.

Like a lot of other commenters have said, it looks like the pills are restraining her power, though I feel like the temple might have threatened the father into complying, and perhaps he is doing it to keep Aisha safe??

Ha ha nice try on the cliff hanger. WE ALL KNOW SHE'S PULLING OUT THOSE PILLS
Also tysm for the translation!

Double-page supporter
Glad she's taking the pills seriously, and looks like she will ask Hades for help learning what they do. I wonder what the father's position is here. Does he care more about the prophecy and the family lineage, or his daughter? That is to say, is he complicit with the temple, knowing what the pills do and still feeding them to her, or is he deceived or pressured by the temple somehow? They probably oppose the marriage because they know the duke's wife will not be eating suspicious pills without the duke taking an interest, and then whatever it is they were doing will be exposed.

Like others pointed out, i also think that MC is the true Saintess, since the prophecy itself said that the saintess will be born from her family, add the fact that she unusually cant even conceal her stone and that temple pills that seems to be quite suspicious and the fact that the temple is almost ALWAYS evil in every fantasy manhwa

the reason why she cant hide the stone is because the pill. It hinder her magic. If you want more spoiler check the forum. Btw, the aisha is heroine aunt thats why they have similiar looks.

The pill probably hinders her powers and the reason why she can't hide her jewel. (reminds me of 'I'm a Martial Art Villainess but I'm the Strongest!' I recommend!) Aisha i'm guessing is the reincarnated or resurrected saint from 500 years ago told in the prophecy. Also, considering that the original Aisha was dead already lying on a casket, before someone reincarnated into her body. This is maybe the reason why her father makes her take the pills provided by the temple for both parties found out about it in the past and formed a deal or an agreement (maybe they will use her for something else? maybe they have an issue with the imperial family for the temple is only second in power? or use her power for their own gain). There is also a big chance that Aisha's family is being used by the temple and are threatening them that is why the father was so concerned if Aisha was still taking the pills. The temple probably did this with every family member who they found out to have exceptional purifying power. Thus, doesn't want her to be exposed as the real saint. It also unusual that Aisha's family has purifying power or light magic but in the novel the heroine was the only one who had it. Considering this maybe the heroine is backed or supported by the temple. This is all just my speculation though. I haven't read the novel QwQ

Edit: Based on what Chrana said below it is confirmed that the pill hinders her powers and the reason why she can't hide her jewel.

Thank you for the chapter as always Sawateam!!
I really like the theories here (/◕ヮ◕)/

I dont think the father is bad though seems like he's being tricked/pressured into giving the pills to aisha by the temple saying they're for her own good and protection

i feel like the temple is either experimenting to bring back the saint or messing with her power so she wouldn't be a threat? i feel like the pills are the reason she cannot even hide that crystal of hers (nexus, if i recall correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread