I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 28

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation.
This chapter was really interesting!

now a lighthearted story quickly turns dark as we delve into what sort of shady business could be going on behind the scenes. Oh my, what could possibly be the reason for suppressing her (rare) mana?

@winterflower18 well sure, maybe outburst won't happen at all, but there is also another problem of him still suffering from his own abundant magic until he met that light magic user.

@sorarinnie oh my gosh, your first theory makes total sense! If they wanted to control someone powerful (like Abel), that means they would have used someone like the original female lead to influence and command Abel since she’s literally the only one who can help him.

But now I have even more questions lol...

Jesus Christ!!! I was sure something was shady abt them but damn.. Now I can't wait for the next update 😭

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, we see what you did there mc-chan, you broke the 4th wall to explain to the readers you weren't stupid for taking the medicine... Because the author knew he fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
I love how this seems like the church had a perfectly crafted, subtle plan laid out for Aisha and Able, but the plan was TOO well-crafted to the point where they were hoisted by their own petard. Because up until the point where Aisha's father says she can't marry Hades, Aisha believes that there's no reason he and the church wouldn't approve of their engagement. After all, she has next to no mana and isn't the heir to her house, so there's no need to maintain a pure bloodline, so why shouldn't she be allowed to marry the Duke? It would only benefit her family as far as they're concerned. And why would she suspect that the pills she's taking are anything but for her health? She's always had a weak body and the last time she stopped taking them it was extremely painful, so as far as she's concerned the constant supply of pills just makes the church look kind and charitable.

But apparently her engagement was so out of left field that the church IMMEDIATELY panicked and realized that they didn't have a viable reason to stop her from marrying Hades, so they had to force her father to step in. But he's been so doting on Aisha for her whole life that she thought it would just take some light convincing on her part for him to accept her decision. Now, his blatant refusal to accept her engagement, without being able to give her a decent reason as to why he won't allow it, is making him and the church look super susp and gives her and Hades a reason to dig in and suss out their hidden agenda.

TLDR; the church's plan was TOO good and TOO subtle and they fucked themselves. I love it.

You know I generally trust most of what comes out of South Korea, so I stuck with this through the protagonist's more disturbing thoughts and actions. This is the first chapter I've truly felt validated for that dedication. Warming up to Mister Hotman, introspection on the things she's taken at face value, and some real intrigue to digest. This was a really good chapter.

Group Leader
@enyoteremchi "unreliable narrator" is the name of a literary device, not a diss 😆
"Persona" employed the literary device of unreliable narrator by framing the entire novel through Abel's eyes (who had no reason to believe Deborah and the church was anything but good based on his interactions with them).

Examples of unreliable narrator in classic literature is American Psycho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

Here's a fun read in detail.

Users who are viewing this thread