I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 28

This started off as a wild ride of comedy and then we got some Angst and now we're really ramping things up with the serious plot twists, I love it!!

Also love how it's justified why FL hasn't questioned things until now, connecting it even all the way back to before this world. ^^

when a manhwa involves the church, it's advised that you don't trust them.

but that was a nice reveal, love the build up to the reveal

Wow, what a chapter. The whole church being evil in a manga/manwha is cliche as hell, but I'm digging the unreliable narrator thing. I guessed that the pills were suppressing her mana from basically the instant she mentioned them, though I agree she had very good reasons to take them. A nice, long chat with her father is in order.

Edit: Just realized I'm caught up. FUCK

I don't think my question would be answered anytime soon, if at all, during the run of the manhwa, but this chapter makes me wonder: why would the novel author deliberately write their story like that? It's way too creepy to have your fanbase divided into a team which reads this as a broken hero trying his best to find solace in companions and saving the world, and the team that recognises the unreliability of the narrator, thus reading a dark tale about an already tragic hero wrapped in an even more tragic story of everyone he trusted being potentially total liars and him being none the wiser.

I mean, this information alone is a game changer. Were they going to write a sequel? It sure doesn't look like they hinted to it in the original novel. This kind of novel is not often left for reader interpretation of events, so if they weren't going to do something about it, then I don't see why go to all the trouble to create and maintain this specific gimmick. I went back to the first chapter too, and it reminded me that it felt odd the first time around seeing the author specifically addressed as "mysterious". Makes me wonder if there's a link there. Who IS the author anyways? Transmigrator and the like? Or just an unrelated party?

I feel as if I'm thinking too much about this, which is making me feel like just letting this particular thought die.

Me thinks that she was given the pills because:
A) maybe her body couldnt handle her mana and the church went "we'll give her pills to supress her mana but she has to marry who we say" to possibly have an Escliffe bred into the temple. They would desire her bloodline maybe bc it's a pure, noble, white magic line that could give birth to the original saint FL (the resemblance is uncanny)

Or

B) she couldve had enough mana to be a saint herself but the temple wanted the saint to be directly associated with them, like, say, a child of one of their own so they could control the would be saint. They then convinced her father that she has "too much mana and it needs to be supressed. We can provide medication but under the condition that she marries someone in the temple". She then gives birth to the original FL, who is completely under the control of the church

Tl;dr Aisha could probs be the original FL's mom bc they look so much alike. The temple was trying to supress her mana bc she could either be too weak for mana or the temple didnt want a noble not strongly connected to the temple to become a saint. So the temple conspires for Aisha to marry someone from the temple, hence her not being allowed to marry Hades. This union would bind the saintess born from Aisha to the temple

Just my two cents 🤔🤔

@ursa22 I’ve read the spoilers I’m still confused. One things was absolutely predictable. That there was something off about her not having mana.

Fed-Kun's army
Gotta say, pretty cool author. Tricked their readers so well. I like the concept of Persona. I wonder if they intended to create a sequel in a different pov, maybe Aisha's or true FL.

Unless Aisha is the FL's mom. Dundundun. And all along Persona is a tragedy story.

I would've read the sequel for that book, imagine discovering every single thing you read could be a lie, you would have to figure out how much was the truth

I love this so much! She's clever and independent and she's using her head! That she considers something like the perspective the novel was written from, is amazing! It's something I miss in discussions in fandoms! The consideration of what characters in the stories could and couldn't be aware of.

Really good work so far. Amusing and yet slowly picking up in complexity

Users who are viewing this thread