I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 7

when hades said, "just what about me did she fall in love with?" that was sooooo different from the other trans' "just when the hell did you fall in love?"

i thought hades was talking about him being greedy and wondering when did he fall for her when it's actually about him saying that it's better for our fl to have been greedy instead THEN even asking himself what part of him did she fall for HAHHAHAHAHAHA

i think it's incredible as to how translations can differ from each other! i would love to know the process of how those lines were translated~

Hi, I'm Manhwa Muncher!
@stressedcoffee Each translator works a bit differently and I can only speak for myself, but it's basically understanding the context and manner in which the characters spoke the lines and then finding the best equivalent wording in English.
There's always the balancing act between how literal to be and readability as well. That's when we work together with the Proofreaders. The more we (TL and PR) communicate, the closer we can get to the original meaning/feeling of what the author actually intended to convey. Hope that answered your question a bit.

I've come here after reading other versions. The translate really different. Especially that 'greedy' 'fall in love' line.

But after reading this chapter, I'm sure... I love Sawateam scanlation better. It's easy to understand. Actually I'm afraid Sawateam dropped this series after 'that mass release'. But I'm glad you guys still translating this guys, thank you very much 🤧 Thank you for you hardworking, I support you guys💕

I'm so glad you're not dropping this! I have nothing against Asura but their translations are sadly often rushed with many mistakes and I know by now that Sawateam makes really good quality translations so I was worried you would get discouraged :< Take all the time you need, I love your work, go SawaTeam!

tbh tbhhhhh i keep coming back to this chapter bc of:

"It would have better if she'd been greedy instead.

Just what about me did she fall in love with?"

SQUEEEEE.

ok. breathe.

personal interpretation,, i took it as hades seen mc as good, so much good (selfless - want to be useful etc) that he can't see why mc stans/love/devoted to him that much (misunderstanding aside)

nd that.
that just,,, makes me ughhhhb 😍😍😢😭😍😍😍😍💘💘💘💘

@craycraypear wow that's so fascinating! have to say your translation makes more sense given the context ... i found it rly weird when reading the other translation that he'd openly admit so early on that he has feelings

So many things make more sense after reading your version. Thank you!

him: just what about me did she fall in love with?

your son 😂

I see this love triangle between the three.
Hades > Aisha > Abel > Hades

@craycraypear thank you for taking time to reply to my comment! i always thought that translating languages can be done without referring much to the past dialogues or context as long as it made "sense" but i was wrong! based from what you said, i think it's a lengthy process because there has to be proper communication between staffs who work on it + every dialogue has to fit within the context of the previous one.

mad respect for people like you! i appreciate you guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread