I Reincarnated as a Faint Hearted Countess - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Countess Wants a Divorce

Dex-chan lover
disgusting to even think there will be romance between these 2. He is the biggest piece of shit ml ive seen recently. The minute she falls for him im dropping this

Dex-chan lover
What can i say...
The Ram that I got attached to from the 1st chapter is effectively dead the moment the 2nd chapter hits.
This is now an entirely different character who just so happened to know a bit of Ram's memories, so the clap backs don't even feel earned or cathartic.
First chapter was a great setup for what's to come and I wanted it to hook me, but it just isn't satisfying so far.
Well, to be fair, the narration alone pretty much told us that through the entire first chapter we were only seeing half a Ram, with the missing part coming only after the blow to the head, which is why she was such an emotionless doormat up to then.

Think of it as a reincarnation spell that went wrong and needed some percussive maintenance in order to finish the job.

Dex-chan lover
disgusting to even think there will be romance between these 2. He is the biggest piece of shit ml ive seen recently. The minute she falls for him im dropping this
Even if he comes to Jesus in a BIG WAY, I still don't like him, and he should piss off

Dex-chan lover
What a shitty ML, if this series doesn't end with him and the manor getting burned, I will be disappointed
so sorry to inform you but you are 100% going to be disappointed. Shitty ML like these will always be excused
Even if he comes to Jesus in a BIG WAY, I still don't like him, and he should piss off
you two are right and you should speak louder!!!

anw wow this is shit, the premise was kinda interesting but then this whole chapter ruined everything. From how this will go, she will definitely fall in love with this shitty ML, and the ML will be excused from his awful negligence, hell, he will even have some sob-past-story just to make the readers feel bad for him.

Why can't she just beat him till death and leave him? She doesn't care about him providing for her shitty family, Kanon and her can still be mother-and-son even when she divorces/leaves him, there are honestly no good reason for her to stay and listen to this motherfucker.

Dex-chan lover
f51ofQL.png

Jesus this page was just gut wrenching.

But in the end he will still be end game and that making my ratings for the Manga plummet :/

I'd rather have no romance at all if she stays with this piece of shit who neglected her until she turned out to be 'interesting'. Asshat.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of hate this, lmao. Left a similar comment back in Ch1, but everything here points to the fact that if Ram had met the count more often when she was "de-powered", he wouldn't have treated her much better than the servants did.

She believes he "thought he was doing his best", but at best that means he was unaware/being sabotaged (letter interception/etc) and doesn't care, or at worst, that he thinks it's okay to look down on a wife without ability. The only reason he's not treated the same as the other people in the story is because he wasn't around to mock her at the start. He's painted as someone who has no interest in romance and only married her for the appearance, but look how fast he's falling once he knows she has mysteriously powerful magic, lmao.

They better do something to actually redeem the guy, rather than just following the trope of "emotionally shitty male MC who gets a pass because he's hot and the love interest". The only person I actually feel for in this series so far is Kanon, though I feel like the mother/son dynamic would be better if there was a bit larger of an age gap, this seems more like a brother/sister thing.

Users who are viewing this thread