I Shall Master This Family

I love this manhwa! Though the translation is really slow other sites are already 10 chapters ahead.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sad the team who worked on the chapters posted here seems to have dropped it or something, because while there's more chapters on other websites the quality of those is subpar and a disservice to this great manhwa.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sad the team who worked on the chapters posted here seems to have dropped it or something, because while there's more chapters on other websites the quality of those is subpar and a disservice to this great manhwa.
Pretty sure the other sites uses machine translation.

Also, Mangadex seems to obey copyright laws on webtoons and does not release chapters that are currently paywalled on the official sites.

Contributor
Read this story twice. Dropped ot twice.

Hmmm. I don't know. I guess i dont like these reverse time story anymore, mostly because when it's a girl, she VERY EASILY become a Mary Sue who never fail at anything + is way too smart for her age + know everything in the future, removing all suspens, because notjing bad can really happen.
And when it's a guy, it's the same with a gigantic self-insert + harem most of time and the same problems as before.

For me, the best story with time-reversal are in two types :
-The FMC had PTSD and cant remember exactly her past, or/and was too busy to know much of the world, like in A Stepmother Märchen.
-The Fmc is just dumb, so even if she know the future, it dont matter a lot, because it's used in fun ways, like in Tearmoon Empire Story .

These 5head story, i really cant anymore, it's way too boring.
Oh, and let's not forgot the useless Isekai part here. Isekai on top of time-travel is a disaster.

Sorry if this post upset fans of this story. But for me, the only good thing about this is the art, and MC father.

Last edited:
Group Leader
This might have been asked before, but: can anyone recommend where to read chapters 59-108?

I kept hoping that someone might post them here, but…

Group Leader
when it's a girl, she VERY EASILY become a Mary Sue
I understand your sentiment, but do not share it.

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest criterion for Mary-Sue-ism is that the character seems tailor-made to hog/steal the spotlight, to the detriment of other characters. This stands in immediate contrast with Firentia, because:
  1. This manhwa knows when to give other characters the spotlight. Off the top of my head:
    • Firentia's grandfather owns every scene he's in
    • Shananet has one of the most viscerally satisfying conclusions in the entire story
    • Firentia's father standing up to his older brother was amazing
    • Perez's scheming is very interesting
    • Impegra (the old maid that worked at the palace) is a boss bitch, despite her venerable age and commoner status
    • Tiliana (the young lady Firentia befriends) standing up to others' bullying just with her smile is precious
    Even bit characters (such as the last two) get their moment in the spotlight, and it's glorious to see!
  2. Firentia's actions serve to benefit many more people than just herself. Her father, grandfather, aunt, doctor, clerk, and future boyfriend all have their lives dramatically improved by her.
With those things in mind, I personally wouldn't say that Firentia is a Mary Sue. She's close, only avoiding it by the skin of her teeth, but not quite there. I mean, Nanige-san is a girl who is perfect at everything, and yet she's one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen.

Now, to be fair: Nanige-san has understandable insecurities, and also has no harem. Firentia doesn't really have the former, and appears to be developing the latter, so it's a close call. But ultimately, as far as I'm concerned, she's not a Mary Sue.

PS: Now that I think of it, though… there is one thing on which we can agree: Firentia isn't a particularly interesting character, for all the reasons you mention. I mean, if I took the most interesting characters of this manga alone, I'm not sure Firentia would make the top 5. It's the rest of them that really carry this story.

Last edited:
In China 127 when they switch the view to Perry's friend the horses head looks to be turned 180° and I'm willing to bet that the prince is behind the monac guild

It's a little frustrating as someone who knows history to read these kinds of manga. For instance, ready-to-wear garments are products of industrialization, not superior items in and of themselves- if you haven't invented automated looms or sewing machines, ready-to-wear clothing just isn't going to work. The idea of a premade garment isn't the improvement, it's the low price only achievable through automation and factory work. The low price and convenience make up for the poor fit- a necessity since most of the lower classes would be constructing their own garments andending old ones for many years to save money. Clothing was incredibly expensive in every way because of the labor required to make it before automation- even the wealthy remade and rewore their clothing, So it's a little frustrating to see someone suggesting ready to wear clothing as something novel and groundbreaking in so many manga.

This is actually the first author/artist though I have seen pay attention to the clothing of an area and really stick to it. The clothing can be easily pinpointed as Italian Renaissance, and I really love the attention to detail and real attempt at accuracy. It's not flawless, but it's a fantasy manga, and the research shows off the beauty of historical clothing and makes the world much more believable.

Double-page supporter
Regarding the opening panel of chapter 137 - I must say that Her Majesty The Queen has a most magnificent resting bitch face - so effortlessly feminine and yet just exudes a pure canine aura. Marvellous!

Huh. I just read the prologue using the 2 fan translations and the official translation. The 2 fan ones are quite different from each other. I preferred the language of one over the other, but turns out the other is closer to the official one.

Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread