I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 10 Ch. 46

Double-page supporter
I see this across all sorts of genres in this art form and I just don't understand how it gets to that level everywhere. Like it has to happen enough that just about all of the readers can understand this and feel empathy. Yet I never understand how it gets this far before intervention. Do other students not care? Do teachers not care? Other school staff not care? Parents not care? Everyone who gets bullied isn't timid or insecure, sometimes a bully fucks around and finds out or pushes someone further than they are willing to take. So with how universal a trope this seems to be I'm always surprised with the lack of an intervention or violent reaction before the individual runs away from the place or hermitizes themselves.

Dex-chan lover
I see this across all sorts of genres in this art form and I just don't understand how it gets to that level everywhere. Like it has to happen enough that just about all of the readers can understand this and feel empathy. Yet I never understand how it gets this far before intervention. Do other students not care? Do teachers not care? Other school staff not care? Parents not care? Everyone who gets bullied isn't timid or insecure, sometimes a bully fucks around and finds out or pushes someone further than they are willing to take. So with how universal a trope this seems to be I'm always surprised with the lack of an intervention or violent reaction before the individual runs away from the place or hermitizes themselves.
Teacher absolutely do not care. They just want it to be over with, so they actually often side with the bullies, not the victim, because it's faster and easier for them this way, so they say stuff like "Oh come on, they're just joking" etc.
Other students could be targeted too, so they're too afraid to stand up for the victim and prefer to bear with it, act like nothing's happening, and ignore them, so the only people interacting with the victim are the bullies.
At some point, the victim just starts thinking that them being bullied is just normal, and stop doing anything to prevent it.

The scenario above isn't a representation of every single case of bullying, just an example. Bullying isn't as simple as some would like to think, going to a teacher and saying that a particular group is bullying you would often only worsen the situation. Even if teachers believe you and actually stand up for you, they're not omnipotent, and can't be around you 24/7.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's probably how Japanese society and culture affects these cases. In Japan, there's an awful lot to emphasis to community and to contribute to it, even at the expense of one self. Don't disturb you neighbors, don't disturb the peace, deal with everything yourself so the community doesn't takes a hit... Japan has a huge problem with bullying exactly because of how Japan is: the bullied doesn't speak up because society itself doesn't incentive speaking up because that would be "disturbing the peace" and even if they do speak, those who speak to would answer "deal with it yourself".

Also, the Japanese educational system deals mostly in private schools, which is where the other crux of Japan enters: honor and reputation. A school which is known bullying happens has their reputation stained, and is less likely to attract new students because god forbid you send you child where it's likely to be bullied (regardless it's been the only case in the school in decades). That's why Japanese schools have been known to bury these cases and/or deal with them quietly as getting police involved is way more of an scandal that will even be in the west.

Dex-chan lover
That's probably how Japanese society and culture affects these cases. In Japan, there's an awful lot to emphasis to community and to contribute to it, even at the expense of one self. Don't disturb you neighbors, don't disturb the peace, deal with everything yourself so the community doesn't takes a hit... Japan has a huge problem with bullying exactly because of how Japan is: the bullied doesn't speak up because society itself doesn't incentive speaking up because that would be "disturbing the peace" and even if they do speak, those who speak to would answer "deal with it yourself".

Also, the Japanese educational system deals mostly in private schools, which is where the other crux of Japan enters: honor and reputation. A school which is known bullying happens has their reputation stained, and is less likely to attract new students because god forbid you send you child where it's likely to be bullied (regardless it's been the only case in the school in decades). That's why Japanese schools have been known to bury these cases and/or deal with them quietly as getting police involved is way more of an scandal that will even be in the west.
You just explained literally 90% of Asian school.

Dex-chan lover
What I never understood is why japanese schools, instead of denying bullying ever happens, dont shows everyone they can handle and resolve it well. Would you rather send your kid to a school that is known for fixing bullying, or one that denies it ever happens while you know it does?

Dex-chan lover
All this over a boy. Jeez women 😒

In all seriousness from my own personal experience the only way to stop bullying is to fight back and show you're not someone to be messed with.

Granted I'm a guy and live in America. As a chick in Japan idk what you can do other than fight fire with fire.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What I never understood is why japanese schools, instead of denying bullying ever happens, dont shows everyone they can handle and resolve it well. Would you rather send your kid to a school that is known for fixing bullying, or one that denies it ever happens while you know it does?
They just don't deny it: they sweep it under the rug. They cover it up. All for the prestige of "there's no bullying in this school", even if there is. And not only in Japan; here in Spain, there was a case of exactly this thing not too long ago in a private school. And as in those cases, it collapsed the moment a kid committed suicide and the cover-up was discovered.

In all seriousness from my own personal experience the only way to stop bullying is to fight back and show you're not someone to be messed with.
The thing is that someone that can fight back, even when cornered, is way less likely to be bullied. They prey on the weak that can't and will not fight back. I know that all too well...

Dex-chan lover
Hate to say it but you haven't seen how dark and twisted people can be, even in the most "civilized" countries. I would argue that dark and twisted people in civilized countries are just better at hiding and covering up what they do. Heck, sometimes they don't even need to hide it. Stories of someone getting ganged up on in the middle of a busy street and no one intervening is an all too common story in big American cities.

Dex-chan lover
Lets be real: if this shit had been happenin anywhere in the us then either hands start flying against the prime suspects, suspension be damned. Or bullets

Users who are viewing this thread