I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

MD@Home
Gotou makes a valid point, but her motives are highly questionable. If she really does this with Yoshida's best interests in mind, she should be bringing this up when the three of them are together. Otherwise, she's treating him like a kid at best, or at worst, manipulating things behind his back to create a situation to her advantage.

Dex-chan lover
Gotou is telling Sayu to return to circumstances about which Gotou knows little or nothing, or to find a different guardian, or to function as an adult. In Yoshida's position, if I learned of this, my feelings for Gotou would turn to revulsion.

It's an odd world in which a large share of people will endorse the implicit threat of state violence to compel people to subsidize others, but would object to a voluntary arrangement in which one person does this for another.

Yoshida, an adult, has voluntarily taken-on the rôle of guardian for Sayu, a minor. Sayu is acutely, painfully aware that Yoshida is not legally nor otherwise socially bound to maintain that rôle indefinitely. But an expectation that a minor should be self-sufficient in a modern society would be madness. It's reasonable for her to depend upon someone.

Double-page supporter
I still can't bear with how much MC dumb is. It's exactly his fault for current shit saying about Saya on the left and the right. You're fucking adult, couldn't you come up with any even mediocre lie about why your shirts are ironed?

Double-page supporter
@Oeconomist Gotou hasn't told Sayu to do anything. All she's done is ask some perfectly reasonable questions.

And if Sayu wanted to explain her circumstances she certainly could be she's chosen not to.

Fed-Kun's army
@Oeconomist It's because of the underlying ethics and logic of things, the other things like voluntary or not, state or interpersonal, don't matter as much in the judgement of the current situation itself. Their current situation is a dangerous limbo for them both and Gotou isn't telling her to return to what she left as much as she's forcing her to think about her endgame, her plans forward. She's depending on Yoshida yes, but to what end?
If it was just two adults then Gotou would have absolutely no leeway to drop such a question and whatever fallout would be just their problem but Sayu being a minor changes things, especially a minor that ran away from home, rather than an orphan or some such.

Sachiiro no One Room has a similar thing going but there the person forcing them to think of the future also gives a solution, rather than Gotou who shakes things up mainly so they don't stay in limbo. Though it's still unseen if she'll offer her own assistance/solution.

Dex-chan lover
You can say wathever you want about Gotou-san, but she's absolutely right about making these questions. It's very problematic to put some stranger to live under of your house, even worse if it's a minor who run of her former house, you should make things clear when you let this person living in your home.

Also, even if Sayu is the first and the main girl, I'm not rootfor her to be with the MC at the end, Gotou and that other co-worker are better options for him.

Such an evil nosy bitch Gotou is! Luckily MC wake up and didn't fall for this crazy witch!

Dex-chan lover
Gee, look at Gotou being all manipulative again. Even Sayu, the princess of manipulation, finds her creepy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gotou has been very reasonable towards sayu in this super weird situation.... sayu has to leave eventually so why are people so angry

honestly im glad that this happened bc if this turns into a harem im out

Imagine getting mad by some real question like that. Like other said Gotou just bring real question to Sayu since her will bring nothing but problem for the man. In real world you easily can get problem when pick random JK like that, and Sayu herself is not right in first place.

s1

@NateAlmighty
Gotou did nothing wrong, change my mind
She turned down our MC boye in chapter 1 and lied(?) to him about her having a boyfriend when she allegedly didn't have one in the first place

Gotou's asking a question that needs to be asked and isn't. This is the right thing to do.
Yes, she knows nothing about Sayu circumstances. That doesn't matter, nor do the circumstances themselves. This situation Sayu and Yoshida are in is dangerous and cannot continue.
And she's not saying "Yo bitch get the fuck out," you nerds. She's just asking how long she intends to stay.

@sprite-1
Yeah I agree that part was wrong and her reasoning is stupid. Questioning Sayu isn't wrong though BUT she should've done this in front of MC or talked to MC about it before doing it.

@mammon - If she were doing it for the "sake of her friend" she would have let him know, or she would have included him; this is for herself. Much like how she called Yoshida over when he was with the Kouhai, her sole purpose is to separate while masquerading as "it's for mah friend". If it was a mature adult, and a friend you actually trusted, you wouldn't push them out of the picture. You would consult with them, form a plan, or at least ask if you could approach. Even Sayu was able to pick-up that Gotou was being fake. It's a total crock to say she's doing it for him.
Gotou just wants all the attention and doesn't want to share. Which is why when told she was the one who had to confess it was: "Teehee, wait for me" -- even though moments earlier she was willing to fuck him, and both their feelings are already out there.
This also isn't as much a consensual conversation as people are making it out to be. With their positions being what they are, Gotou has the power. Specifically because of the shit Yoshida's ass is on the line for. Sayu doesn't actually know Gotou, but for the sake of placating her, she had to accept. Her discomfort is shown when the offer is made. Kouhai has been the only on handling this with any maturity. Consulting both of them, and putting her trust in her friend.
If we're being real, Yoshida is surrounded by shit, but only one has a legitimate excuse because of her age. People who don't like Gotou aren't saying it's not something that needs to be done; it's her approach, her reasons, and her actions prior.

If this happened to my friend I sure as shit wouldn't go behind their back. I'd offer them advice and see if I could help resolve the situation amicably. I would never have so little trust in a person I'd consider a friend to exclude them from something that involves their choices and their life.
Being "mature" means prioritizing your feelings with logic. Not having to pick one or the other. It means taking the path that's best for all involved -- even at the expense of what you want. Thinking that removing feelings from everything in favor of logic makes you mature is what a child imagines maturity to be.

Users who are viewing this thread