I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year. - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.5 - I Say a Little Prayer

Which part do you not understand?
She said smth like that he wasn't there for her (if I understood it correctly), but I didnt understand the part where she explained it(when he wasn't there) and what was her goal cuz she said Smth about killing herself or killing him I don't remember anymore

Group Leader
She said smth like that he wasn't there for her (if I understood it correctly), but I didnt understand the part where she explained it(when he wasn't there) and what was her goal cuz she said Smth about killing herself or killing him I don't remember anymore
Basically she faced something that led to an unwanted early pregnancy, wrote an unnatural letter to MC as a cry for help, received nothing back (MC basically thought nothing of it), and despair turned into resentment. It was kinda explained in the chapter when the reunited.

Basically she faced something that led to an unwanted early pregnancy, wrote an unnatural letter to MC as a cry for help, received nothing back (MC basically thought nothing of it), and despair turned into resentment. It was kinda explained in the chapter when the reunited.
Thanks

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga, been a few years since I came back. You're as pretty as the day I discovered you 6 years ago (I didn't want to register on any manga reading site then).

Dex-chan lover
At first I was pretty mad at the ending. First, why does it matter that they're rich? The whole point of everything that they did and how they fell in love was that money wasn't a part of it. (Also is a theme of the manga, that life is priceless)
Second, the girl just throws her life away then? because she would have still only had three days with the MC. It was only her first love. She still had her whole life ahead of her. it makes the MC's sacrifice pointless.

However

Looking at this as a tragedy, like Romeo and Juliet, it makes more sense. This is a story about some young / naive individuals. It's sad because we know that there's more to life out there. We ourselves know even when the MC sells his life for barely any money (its like 3K USD) that he's making a dumb decision. Those of us that are older and have some life experience know that these sacrifices are dumb. Just like taking poison just because you think you're first love is the bomb.
It makes you want to scream No it gets better, I swear!

I hope that perspective helps some of you. I was a bit lost for a day or two until I had that realization.
Thanks, I guess this would make more sense with some kind of steampunk setting to make up for the details, handwaving the obvious scam they were eating straight from the pipe.

Aggregator gang
No cap this thing is good for short reading 9.9/10 not 10 because they didn't do the grave thing in the lake if they did that maybe i would cry

No cap this thing is good for short reading 9.9/10 not 10 because they didn't do the grave thing in the lake if they did that maybe i would cry
No happy ending.. It is happy but it isnt.. Feel full and empty at the same time.. I wish i wasnt here reading this but im glad i could? At the very last ch i wish i could see happy ending.

Aggregator gang
No happy ending.. It is happy but it isnt.. Feel full and empty at the same time.. I wish i wasnt here reading this but im glad i could? At the very last ch i wish i could see happy ending.
You need to understand that not every story needs a happy ending to be good

You need to understand that not every story needs a happy ending to be good
I can understand that.. Still what the point of living, if not for happy ending.. Angel beats etc these stories are just sad. good story with "bad ending"? U must understand that fiction in manga or stories far away from reality (sad reality and with bad, sad endings) can be happy if author wish for it. Its just me i get it too.. Who wish for everything to be happy like. Still remember there are two possibilities - good and bad. As a fellow human being what would u choose? If people arent maso or something like that. They will choose happy/good life. Same thing is with stories.. Sure author make this story purely for purpose for reader to be emotional (bitter/sweet ending) still, there is always a way for a happy story to be better, than most sad/emotional story endings. Just my personal opinion but they life while being happy and then bum bad ending.. I wish author could make something better for these chara..
Ekhm i wish u a good/happy day (wont wish u a sad day cus ur story wont be good/better while leading to sad situation/ending - similar to that story).

Aggregator gang
I can understand that.. Still what the point of living, if not for happy ending.. Angel beats etc these stories are just sad. good story with "bad ending"? U must understand that fiction in manga or stories far away from reality (sad reality and with bad, sad endings) can be happy if author wish for it. Its just me i get it too.. Who wish for everything to be happy like. Still remember there are two possibilities - good and bad. As a fellow human being what would u choose? If people arent maso or something like that. They will choose happy/good life. Same thing is with stories.. Sure author make this story purely for purpose for reader to be emotional (bitter/sweet ending) still, there is always a way for a happy story to be better, than most sad/emotional story endings. Just my personal opinion but they life while being happy and then bum bad ending.. I wish author could make something better for these chara..
Ekhm i wish u a good/happy day (wont wish u a sad day cus ur story wont be good/better while leading to sad situation/ending - similar to that story).
I get your point that everyone will choose good story in their life but even tho they choose it doesn't mean they will get it like this manga which is better off being a sad ending because if its happy ending the purpose of all the previous chapter will be in vain

Users who are viewing this thread