I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year.

@ruinrui he just said his opinion. Other people attacked his opinion and he replied, isnt the purpose of this comment section to discuss and debate our opinions about this specific manga?

@twia the shop is a plot device but the author doesnt bother to explain how it works at all. And while you can leave some things vague it becomes annoying when it also becomes a backstory for the girl .
My point is that MC doesnt change and doesnt do much till the end and everything is handed to him. The girl decides to give him money at the begining for some strange reason while she doesn't know him at all and now she lives with him. He is rude to her and even tries to rape her but she stills helps him. He eventually becomes more polite in their talks and takes her in a lake and now she is in love with him, is she a saint girl who experiences Stockholm syndrome?
Also the MC is shown at the beginning as someone who avoids people and later he keeps ignoring everybody to the point he just doesnt give a fuck about their opinion. He doesnt help or interact with anyone except two girls and after a while many open up to him, how do we suppose to believe that?
Even his childhood friend is only there to increase dramatic tension and her action msand motives doesnt make much sense.
And as SotiCoto mentioned before me there is no twist , no karmic event, nothing. He just travel a bit with a girl that he is forced to take along and dies at the end.
But I agree with your point that it manages to deliver some " feels" moments and there is worth in that, that is why I said it deserves more than 2/10.
Thank you for bearing with my atrocious English

Ah okay this will be the last reply then, it's nice to argue with you both @Soticoto @Rebelos especially, you @Rebelos haha, you get what I mean (and not plainly being rude, I appreciate that), yeah it's a story with flaws, I won't deny it but accept it and just make some point why it's not utterly trash like someone said, who make a point base his own opinion.
But, it still deliver something beautifull and I know you get it too.
Cheers man.

Banned
Heh... "make a point base his own opinion"... says some random on the Internet in response to this whole thing kicking off precisely because I disagree with the rating on this manga.

@Twia ... If you've got any excuse for why you'd say something so openly stupid, you might want to make your case. I don't particularly want to see it, but others might judge, if that matters at all to you.

Here I was expecting to read some nice comments about the manga and people are writing books over another people's opinions

The story is divisive just like a movie. While a movie may have a high rating by critics, the audience might give it a low rating or vice versa. I enjoyed it, but you may not.

It was unlike any other manga I’ve read, very philosophical in a way and bittersweet. Very well done. For other people it may be more boring. You should try reading the first couple chapters to see if you like it.

Warning:
There are some toxic people below in the comments section, please ignore them.

I also suggest checking out Miaki Sugaru's other works. "Parasite In Love" is pretty interesting.

Dang... this truly deserves the rating it has. Made me not just tear up but actually cry like a baby. Absolutely amazing. Wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread