I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year.

I'm not cry,...
I'm not cry,... But,...
Deep inside me feel warm, empty, sadness, happiness, and something like indescribable,...

Although i know normally people would cried after done reading this series, but I'm not. I don't know why though but It seem i just lost one of something important from me

Well, i just want tbh of what i think after finished this series

Indeed 10/10

Dex-chan lover
While I liked the later chapters, that ex-girlfriend plot was absolute trash. Talk about pointlessly gratuitous drama.

Dex-chan lover
Mostly somewhere between ok and good, a lot of it very thought provoking though in a very effective way. Loved the last extra chapter though, made it a solid ending.

I thought it was simply just great.

Then I read the extra chapter(s).

Masterpiece. No other manga had the emotional and mental impact of this one.

I do not understand how people who are new to the psychological genre can see this as anywhere close to a masterpiece. It offers a very uninteresting question and is at best an alright manga. There are so many other reads that can be better worth your time if you're looking to feel "sad". Like chill out there is really nothing unique to this title.

4/10

Group Leader
Pretty interesting concept, but its execution had some flaws to it. It's a good case study on how to write a "emotionally manipulative" story - meaning that it's not particularly well-written or clever but will still make a lot of people cry at the end by rather simple means. Overall it's still worth a read imo, 'cause of the rather enjoyable romantic development and approachable length~ Calling it a masterpiece is going a tad too far tho.

It was a very nice short read, and yeah some might call it a masterpiece but remember that we are all different people with diffrent feelings, some fags if i am allowed to call them that (14 years old white girls especially) are easily emotionally affected and also this is only my opinion which im not supposed to give but miyuki is pretty fucking sweet

Great read, but most importantly, excellent translation by "vgperson".
As a non-native speaker it made a look up a few words, which is something I've never experienced before with manga or anime.

I don't know if it's because I can intimately relate to the principal character of this manga, but I found this story extremely accurate in its process of thinking and how it leads you to think about the many ways your life can be somewhat worth something or not. I'm still very convinced that life isn't worth living to its full for some of those who (and me) don't find any enjoyment in life in any ways anymore, but the extra chapter really made my heart warm for a minute. Thinking some people would actually choose to make it to the very end of their life hoping that as many good things would occur apparently lifts my mood up. Those people that won't give up like I will. I simply think that, we're destined to the same end, but our journeys will be shorter. I hope yours is to be fulfilled with as much happiness life can give to you.

Also, I must say that it's a very good translation. I'm not even english native but it was a real pleasure to read. Not too complicated, not too simple, poetic, it was awesome.

somehow can relate with MC, i have similar life at my twenty (my age now) except i have the money. after graduating highschool i earn huge chunk of money and dont go to college/university because i know how to make money but this thinking somehow lead me to where iam, i have house, car, and money but deep in my heart im empty because I know no one, my friend gone to college and have forgotten about me, i have no girl, im just a stranger in this world what im doing in this 4 years is just working my ass off trying to make money in my own house but i forget how to get happy and how to love, how to socialize, i also suffer from contamination OCD. this year im planning to go to university hoping that I could somehow turn my life into a happy life.

Dex-chan lover
I have mixed feelings about this work tbh. Intriguing premise. But I think some developments felt a bit forced. And I kinda dislike the way the story tries to imply some lives are more worth living than others.

For example, the childhood friend had a shitty life and all, but she also had two children. Couldn't you argue that living for those children and trying to make them happy would make her life worth living? But we only saw her life as "depressing". Same thing with the MC, arguably. Just because he didn't had any "accomplishments" does that really mean his life just wasn't worth it? Granted they said he wasn't happy (in the present or "future"), but it's not like you need to find "the thing" that makes you happy to make your life worth it. It's fine to try finding meaning in ordinary things like simply listening to music, reading books/manga, etc. I'm sure he probably had small moments of happiness in his "future" life even if it wasn't overall positive, so who's to say it wasn't a life worth living. Although it's hard to argue against the kind of omniscient prediction they pulled, so I digress.

Another factor that somewhat rubbed me the wrong way, is that the story develops straight from "your life is shit and nobody loves you" to "here's a cute girl your age who is nice, understanding and in a similar situation to you, also just by talking to her you will be the nicest guy she ever met and she will fall for you". Ahem, of course that's just my perspective, but it was hard to swallow what the story was trying to convey when, in practice, all positive development could only have happened because the MC was "lucky" enough to find the perfect person to stay by his side. I do even go as far as saying it's unhealthy to make depressed people (or anyone in a similar situation to the MC) expect finding someone as "perfect" for them as the FMC. At least I expected a more "you need to make your dreams come true instead of just waiting" approach, and while I think they tried to do that, I couldn't feel that at all because the FMC is just way too "perfect" of an addition to his life (always by his side, always supports him, lonely just like him, and conveniently the same age as him and single). Anyway, maybe I'm just nitpicking here, and it was still a good work of course, but I think it could be better.

@confusedbrain I say this just as a tip. The only way to change things in university is by making changes in your way to approch this things. If you interacted with people the same way you did those 4 years, university won't change anything. Being there, done that.
Another thing, relationships aren't an imaginary concept that don't exist. They are a living thing, and you have half of the responsibility to keep it alive and growing; the other half is on person in the other side of it. This is true for friendships or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread