I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year.

Double-page supporter
This really was what i needed. I'm crying bullets and its 5am now i can hear the birds outside. Wow what a good way to end it here! Thank god its quarantine and i have nothing to do HA

First few chapters I was like “this is good but it’s kind of a bummer”. Much like previous commenters, it is 2 am and I’m crying bullets because of how beautiful this manga is, how much it makes me appreciate my girlfriend, and how it reminds me of our love.

12 outta 10

how tf i ended here??, cuz minute a go i'm sure i was searching for crossdress genre manga, but still 100/10 tho, nice story

I know no one will agree and I know that no one thinks the same but in my head canon, they live so happily that it makes others happy, so much so that they live longer. Just a heartbroken fools dream.

Double-page supporter
How to make someone cry themself to sleep 4 in the morning.

This isn’t even that sad.

Nah just fucking kidding i’m on the floor trapped with a body of water filled with my tears

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I have read the novel of this before, but I didn't know there was a manga adaptation of it.

Mann, that ending..... It's sad but at the same time I felt wholesome. I mean its cheeky like romeo and juliet where they die together. But man... This manga takes it into another level.

If anyone ever make this manga an anime adaptation or movie. Just take my goddamn money dude

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This is kinda a spoiler

The cover shows Miyugi and the title "I sold my life for 10,000 yen per year".
Now I understand why :')

Aggregator gang
don't read this, seriously don't, as good as it is ;-; i can't even complain about it having an abrupt ending like most other good short stories because it doesn't have an abrupt ending, I just hate how good this is because THE FEELS BRO THE FEELS I DON'T WANNA CRY BUT I CAN'T STOP

Banned
Cheap shit story. Why does Japan seem to love these mayfly romance stories so much?

Why would they believe anyone would give a shit about someone dying for whom the entire premise of the story revolves around them dying soon? It is like saying water is wet.

Also kinda insulting to the genuinely depressed and / or suicidal. As if someone's life can be turned around so easily just because they actually happen to be dying. No, you won't magically get friends for having an invisible girlfriend. It doesn't work like that. Even having a potential girlfriend just conveniently cast into his path like that is making light of the whole process. Bet you wouldn't have tried to make this story if the fat old bloke had been the one watching for him all along.

So basically the whole premise is: Death Plot + Convenient Deus Ex Machina romantic target = Contrived happy death ending.
Plus the story itself is mayfly, being less than 20 chapters long. Guess they couldn't keep the premise going any longer than that, though somehow it dragged on the same shit the whole length anyway.

Boring.

[Edit]: Whoa... I think I'm the first person to ever rate this a 2/10. Or at least so few that there isn't even a bar for it, so I can't check the exact number (3/10 had 12 votes and 1/10 had 178). The vast majority seemed to have voted 10/10 for this piece of crap... but then that is common. Logically speaking 10 and 1 should be the LEAST common votes for anything since most things should, logically, be within two standard deviations of the middle... surely... yet so many people just spam 10s and 1s at everything because they can't help but regard everything in extremes.
... Yeah.
Can't really understate the contempt I have for such mindless meat-lumps.
But even if you're incapable of thinking in relative terms and can only vote in 10s or 1s, hint hint: this would be a 1, not a 10...

Contributor
So story wise
it has some nice depressing vibes in the middle but ends happily so I guess there’s that. It’s a good story imho.

But seriously though, is nobody else going to talk about the art style? They have the same slightly depressed grin in like 80% of the frames.

Users who are viewing this thread