I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Noooooooooo my comedy manhwa turned pretty depressing😭😭😭. Fuck her ex-friend and her ex-friend's ex-boyfriend!

Thank you so much for the updates! Please don’t give up on this manhwa since someone is also trying to update it. I appreciate your hard work ❤️

She's as dumb as Katarina, they both sharing the same braincell and right now Ripley has it dkndnfb

Thank you for the mass upload!!! I can't help but wonder where the story is going to go once they get married. Or will it end there? She seems like she has a lot to work out

"If you consider yourself a villainess, then I shall be your villain" bruh~, I loved that phrase so much. uwu

Oh well, the story is a bit silly, and our MC is a bit dumb as well, but surprisingly I'm not really mad about it. This is a rom-com, so I wasn't really waiting for some deep sh*t. On the other hand, I just would have loved if her "trauma" would have been explained a bit earlier; I mean, I was starting getting worried about how far would she go just to not get married to the Duke, despite being super attracted to him.

Anyway, I hope Ripley could work on her lack of self-confidence and her inner self, rather than focus on others, and I also hope the Duke will be more honest, I understand why he's playing with his facade of "villain" as well as Ripley, but there's really no need. They could have a wholesome relationship if they become a bit more honest.

@evelyria @beazacha - Just gonna combine your mentions since I saw your comments. I thought I might want to give a perspective on Ripley's actions since she was very relatable for me.

As was said, it's probably because I can relate to hated protagonists a lot but, it seems like Ripley is a naturally timid person which was why she is so passive. I can understand why she is at fault but for someone with low confidence to the point of being oblivious to others' feelings (like Junsun's feelings for her), perhaps she feels like she had no right to interfere with their relationship so she didn't mention anything. She also said she expected the bf to say it. Maybe she hates confrontation? She probably has a lot more issues than this based on the way she reacts though. The rumours only worsened her anxiety.

I'm not defending her of course. Just explaining her side from my understanding. Because I know how much she can be frustrating to a normal person; for someone who went through a similar situation, I can sympathise with her.

If it's about past Ripley not stopping the confrontation of the exes, she was obviously overwhelmed with the situation. Seems like she constantly overthinks too, which is unhealthy. Hopefully, she gets more back story because a childhood trauma might be the cause for her passiveness. If it's not then, I would agree that it's pretty frustrating if she reacted like that with no reason.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Uweh so both of the dudes she's gotten involved with so far are...not good

Thank you for the mass-upload!! :D

Plot-wise... this was a bit of a mess, wasn't it? I'm honestly a bit disappointed :( No build up except that flashback previously, and the misunderstanding was a bit contrieved. Ripley isn't really shy, and she didn't seem to be in her previous life either, so she could've said something when they were hanging out, y'know? I can easily see the conversation going "ahh he's so busy", "what I thought he wasn't busy anymore?", "what why?" and then the FL explaining they met up re: the training weights and how she thought he'd told his gf etc. DONE. CLEARED. But that would 1) resolve the drama instantly and 2) if we see the friend and her interact it humanises the friend, which obviously wasn't the aim here what with her acting like a total bully. Which, actually, it was kinda weird that all the scenes we got were of her and her friends bf - there were NONE of her and her friend hanging out! Even if it'd just been the situation I described except instead of speaking up the FL just thought it and didn't say anything, it would still have made for a better flow.

Gurl, this isnt even the same situation. He isnt currently seeing anyone. And even if he's supposed to be with someone else in the book, HE OBVIOUSLY ISNT RN, and besides, THEY DONT EVEN LIKE EACH OTHER SO WHY GO THRU ALL THIS PAIN FOR NOTHING W4TE5YRHT54R32ER4

Double-page supporter
that must be some obvious clickbait with the duke at the end lol. He's probably gonna pull out a surprise plot twist

but here's hoping after Ripely gets healed from her ""injuries"" she's more willing to be together with him :p

... So everything was originally because the bf didn't make things clear about his relationship/intentions to begin with and it later got her in trouble because she couldn't convince anyone.
This is why proper communication is important to prevent misunderstandings....
Who am I kidding, this is a romance, where misunderstanding are more common than water in an ocean

People here forget that trauma (and fuck being bullied on a schoolwide level is traumatic af!) is LITERALLY something that makes it impossible to see the here and now for what it is. As soon as something is symilar to that traumatic event your entire being will be like, aight this is danger level death, and you will respond to new situations like you're in the old one. Her responses are over the top of course, because that's entertaining to watch, but dial it down a little and how she thinks isn't all that odd, seeing the context.

I always wonder why people beat female characters up over not being "rational" in stressful situations. He litterally threatened to kill her at many occuasions and she actually knows he'll do it. She's fighting so hard because she doesn't believe his sincerity, which is obviously because he went straigt to blackmail and threats to tie her down. Pair that with past trauma and guiltful selfhatred and you can't really call it bad writing imho.

And now that she's got proof of his sincerity blatant enought to get through her panic, we're immediately seeing her react to it.
I'm looking forward to the next chapters. Let's hope the writer doesn't go the sappy drama route and drag things out now that there is an obvious chance for communication. >.<

I agree with what someone else said, it was a bit strange how they didn't show scenes of Yuri with her friend. We don't know how often Yuri and the friend meet up nor how frequently they exchanged messages. I can understand her not talking about seeing the bf of the friend, tho. If she thought the bf would say something to his gf, then why would she randomly go to her friend and say "hey, I meet with your bf today to get some weights from him"? I know I definitely wouldn't if I didn't feel something off from it and it's not like we need to report to others when we randomly meet people, such as them apparently meeting here and there by "chance".

Users who are viewing this thread