I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 23

People still misinterpreting the first scene as rape, I think the worst mistake with this adaptation was not putting the whole scene from the novel where she agree to have sex a second time with him.

Still, I have to say, rape is only considered rape when the drunk person see it like that, if she consent or like it afterward then this is not rape. Just chill out and enjoy the romance, you people.

I love the Duke 😁🤗
And I love you both for working on this amazing project! Thank you!😘😘😘😘😘💖💕

@Seriha if a drunk person coerce you to sex.. Okay coerce is too strong. She was adamant and persuasive.
Now if a drunk person do that and end up having sex but washing his hands off the next morning.. On the account that he's drunk and conveniently forgets everything. That's pretty shitty itself.

Dex-chan lover
@ Seriha
Rigth, I think I confunded this one with another story.

No. You are still responsable for the decisions you make while drunk.
That BS of "I was drunk so my consent does not count" is stupid and should never have become what it is nowadays. It just shows how much society infantalize women as the same criteria is not applyed to men.

I will say it again: Being drunk does not remove agency from the person, instead of a mitigating it is an agravant to the situation.

It also doesn't apply because of the setting, he is the Duke and can pretty much do whatever he wants...

@Soluiz
She did not coerce him into having sex though? All she said during their interaction was that she liked the character of Duke from novel, but hadn't done anything to indicate she wanted to have sex.
Yes, it's a shitty thing if next morning the other person says they were too drunk & seem like "washing their hands off" of the matter but that's exactly why it's important to confirm if the other person is sober enough to consent properly.

@mahtan
I think you're just talking about being tipsy but Ripley was drunk to the point nearing unconsciousness (she already blacked out before talking with duke again), she didn't even know he was the same person she was talking to just few moments before so she was clearly mentally impaired enough.
Yes, being drunk is not an excuse in a lot of situations, but in cases like these you CAN be too drunk to consent properly, especially when the duke was perfectly sober. And I don't care which gender is the drunk one (in fiction and real life). If this story was the other way around then I would be calling her out.

man i really hope that its found in the school that they didn't actually do anything but he made her believe....... ahhhh

thanks for translating! happy holidays and stay safe!

ahh no worries thank you for providing us the translations, much appreciated!

Dex-chan lover
@Seriha
What you are telling me there is that if a person is too drunk to the point of passing out they are not responsible if they kill someone while driving drunk since they didn't had the capacity to choose (consent) to driving.

Also good that you think you would act the same way independent of the gender but that doesn't change that it is not how society treats the situation and that this premise came into existence because of society wanting to increase protection to women from their own decisions.

First of all thank you for the translation, and for those who were talking crap about Ripley and putting the blame on her. He literally confessed to know of her feelings and her attempts to get out of the situations w/ her shinanigans and yet he continued to pressure her.

@mahtan “he is the Duke and could do pretty much what he wants”, like rape? also a crime by the person under the influence is still a crime because they are either hurting a person, themselves or property. Which is why that being under the influence does not excuse you from being punished by the law.
Now in regards to the possible rape (it was not clear since they did not show the act actually being committed just that it was implied), he was sane and clear of mind through it all while she was not. The one being violated was the person under the influence (does not matter whether if the person was a girl, boy, or whatever). This is my opinion on it, I might get hate or whatever, but I see it as a crime only when one is clear of mind and the other isn’t because if they know that the other person is not thinking straight or is blacking out and they morally and consciously are choosing to continue w/ the act then i consider that rape.

Ahh, this duke sucks
He won’t listen to her when she says she doesn’t wanna get married, he treats her like shit when she’s (clearly scared &) trying to get out of it, and is cold to her in public
Then has dinner with another woman & ignores her.....
He needs an attitude change!

(Also yeah, it’s a bit creepy they fucked while she was blackout drunk & he was sober)

This comment section. Smh. The duke did not rape her. They are both at fault for the awkward situation they are stuck in right now. Ripley should’ve been more honest and the duke shouldn’t have been so pushy. Just chill and read the story.

Users who are viewing this thread