I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

Has everyone forgotten that this isn't a matter of Rose simply having feelings for someone? If it was, I'd understand the reactions, but Rose's feelings for the Duke caused her to try to murder somebody. That's not a good thing.

Ripley, as the victim, has the right to ask her to face her faults and apologize. She also has the right to say, "I hope you give up on your feelings for the Duke because it won't lead you to a good future."

If she sympathized with Rose's feelings too much, Rose would only look down on her. She had to put Rose in her place, but in this case, Ripley did it kindly and tried to encourage her to take another path. There's no perfect way to do this, but if Rose reflected on herself, she'd realize it didn't matter how Ripley said it because Rose still tried to murder her. That's not something a normal person can do.

Ripley is very mercifully trying to teach her how to pick another path: letting her off with only an apology for attempted murder, giving her the first step she needs to take to face her faults (an apology, since Rose rarely or never apologizes), and then telling her to avoid a one-sided romance that obviously isn't good for her. It is up to Rose herself how she takes it.

What is Ripley thinking here, Rose has been literally telling her to give up and how did that make her feel? Why did she think it would be any different??? 😭

Fed-Kun's army
well telling her to give up on her unhealthy obsession over the duke is the right one here
she's not telling to stop loving him but to stop her obsession because he's clearly....not interested and her attempt to keep on chasing him to the point of making other people suffer will only reflect bad on her

Users who are viewing this thread