I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

I understand Ripley, but I don't think that was the best thing to say in this case scenario. Rose has an obsession with the Duke, so it won't sit well with her to simply be told to 'get over it because there are other people out there', and expected to actually get over it. On the other hand, it's true that Rose is gorgeous and if she learnt to improve herself so as to not let her jealousy harm others, I bet she'd find love out there. Hopefully, one day.

Thanks for the update~

When someone does wrong to you and doesn't apologize until you ask for an apology. Saying "I am a kind person so I'll forgive you" does not make the person sound mean I see it as Ripley meaning "I am pissed you almost got me killed but I won't hold it against you" and the way she told Rose to get over the Duke, in a situation that she went over to Rose to confront her for almost killing her meaning the tension was already there so she advising Rose seemed Ripley was mean.

But if the conversation started in a friendly manner before giving the advice, it would not have been taken as Ripley being condescending.

i am tired of people not getting a taste of consequences. as in this case and also in the
https://mangadex.org/title/35064/i-m-a-villainous-daughter-so-i-m-going-to-keep-the-last-boss. the ending was good but the bad guys faced no consequences.

Dex-chan lover
this is pretentious. I really feel like this is cheap, the fact that the duke cleans it over with "I can't give up loving you" as the reason to be okay when the women who he thought was honest was a lying wrench, and her trying to be a white lotus in this moment. you don't know why Rose really loves/likes the duke do you, so far her behavior is beyond status or and inferiority complex. she's honestly scared and guilty of the event, why else would she invite you inside? she could have just ignored you and seeing how the duke took it as "you want to draw my attention" would have been a scheming reason. it's an irreconcilable act, would have been fine if they just DIDN'T meet. you go to someones house and criticize who they fall in love with when the issue you have with them is a completely. different. matter.
Ripley, I'm going to make your bum as red as your hair. like, she lost her consistency and inhibitions after the Duke says he can't give up on her. like she isn't going to simmer on facts like, he's a pitiful character? shouldn't you still worry about how easy it is?
and Rose honey, you don't have to be friends with Ripley. don't be one of those. you can find yourself a better man.

Double-page supporter
@412001 Maybe she got her just desserts in the 2nd arc in the novel covering the sequel game's plot which doesn't have a manga version? I got behind because of life stuff so I don't know

Fed-Kun's army
I cant say "wrong place, wrong time" as Ripley is here to lay it all out, but she should've thought more about how she'll say it. Something like declaring she won't back down and that her love for the duke won't lose over Rose's obsession would've been better. Lol obviously not verbatim. Telling someone to get over a love no matter how twisted just doesn't fly. She just fanned a flame that would've otherwise left her be (for a while) from the guilt of almost killing her. Ripley is on a high though being told that she's loved. So I guess, recklessness is human... it happens.

and here i thought this is the last chapter and everyone get their happy ending but nope, rose still hasnt give up. oh well~~~

@IrregularPerson

Scared? Yes. Of the consequences of her fit of rage gone wrong.

Guilty? Give me a break. It didn't occur to her to apologize until ML had to spell it out to her face. She was too worried about her status and what the ML could do to her.

She's not sorry for pushing her overboard. She's sorry that she got caught and now has to face the consequences.

Also kinda weird to me that you're cool with attempted murder because "how do you know it's not love?!?!?!?" Verses Ripley lying because of a past trauma and a desperation to make sure it doesn't repeat itself. If you think she lied to one up the Duke or to see him get all sad---please. Reread. Like, everything. She wasn't aware of just how serious he was about her until she was on the ground covered in fake blood. She even acknowledged that she did something awful to someone who loves her.

Also you're accusing her of a lot of things that make sense given the context that she's accepted her feelings but you're desperately defending the blond bitch because "it could be love" even though the likelihood of it being obsession and a desperation for status is so much higher than the likelihood of Ripley not loving the Duke. Can't count the number of fallacies in that statement alone---convenient gliding over of information :)

Also "Ripley, I'm going to make your bum as red as your hair" is the weirdest fucking thing I've read in a while are you okay blink twice if you need help this is fiction buddy what kind of weird ass self insert role play are you doing

Fed-Kun's army
Ripley's narration in the novel during their 2nd night together and the scene in the boat earlier (previous chapter) when he is kissing her with his eyes (this isn't in the manhwa, unfortunately) is more hnnggggh 😳😳 spicy
but i'm so happy with this chapter 😭❤

and
in the novel Rose is gonna be so much more annoying than before, like hella annoying. and Zeronis is gonna be kinda always horny, he sometimes talks in innuendos but Ripley doesn't understand lol

Dex-chan lover
@BeauTea I never meant to say she felt guilty over the protagonist. guilty as in, the same dread as a caught convict.
I commented on the very chapter where she pushed Ripley, I got my anger out in that comment section. I see no reason why I need to state it again. I still find it unbelievable that the author would use another event where Ripley falls off a really high place just because, but that's preference rather than finding faults.

and I've never said "it could be love" was a good reason. sure, run over right to the perpetrator to handle it privately. sure, how about demanding just an apology instead of physical compensation. if there are witnesses, just giving a verbal apology seems insincere. BUT what I truly dislike about this chapter is that Ripley tries "to be nice" and gives advice for Rose's "own good". it's feels very abrupt development, I don't like stories that drag on but this could have been addressed later when the couple is already acknowledging each other. both are in the same chapter and ruins the mood.

I did briefly address that it's unknown if Rose is after status or is just obsessively infatuated. only because I want to ask the protagonist if she has a sense of propriety. Ripley as of late is more nonsensical, even more than usual. like an overly righteous Mary Sue or a saintly mother, she is neither.

I appreciate Ripley's development, better than most series. I just know it could have been better executed. the relationship development is rather lacking compared to the character development. I could reread it to fall into the pacing of the story, but I'm reading the chapters as they get updates. I know Ripley has baggage from her previous life, and there is nothing wrong with that. in fact it's a very legitimate reason. but there is never that much reassurance on the flimsy reason "I just can't stop loving you"
Ripley and the duke's relationship is not just a simple misunderstanding. Ripley overcomes a trauma BUT I don't like how the author is just trying to bury the hatchet and make it sweet when the reflection period is short, there is less of Ripley thinking to herself and instead the story is driven by third-party interventions. and there relationship will likely only develop if something gets in the way of it in the future. there is no self-doubt, no narcissism just to have depreciating humor, no ugly emotions when they both confirm there feelings.

and I have a hard time figuring out insults to begin with. that's the only thing I'll admit to. and by no means do I actually want to inflict pain on the protagonist
I suppose my flammatory and vague comment might have be a cause for 'concern' but I stand by that I personally don't like Ripley's behavior as of recently only because it could have been better executed.
I'm critical of the things I like. previous comment was a spur on the moment, so I suppose I have to add more to my comment because "I seem brain dead"?

also I forgot to mention that I adore how Ripley empathized with the duke. and what I mean by 'thoughts' is just her unreliable narration going into a situation. we don't have any of that when she is confronting Rose so I suppose I'm at a loss trying to justifying her "righteous behavior"

Aggregator gang
Okay that was stupid of Ripley lol, she demands an apology and then talks about the duke right after, ofc it'll look like she's taunting Rose. Bad choice

Bsksnsnsnsns. Oh my, I feel like their relationship worsened after she just mentioned the duke like that.

WTF with that last panel bitch? Someone forgot who does the duke really loves, so much so that he would jump off a boat for her. It seems we also forgot that the woman you are talking to can make your house go ruin real fast, since you tried to KILL HER LAST NIGHT. Also, I don't think that "The cold blooded duke" wich she is about to marry will just say "Ok rolf, I'll forgive & marry u".

As much as Ripley means well... YOU CAN’T JUST SAY THAT TO A VILLAINESS IN DESPERATE LOVE AND NOT EXPECT TO GET SLAPPED 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread