I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Aggregator gang
Sweetieeee why are you doing this to yourself!!! She needs to rest up, this isn't healthy and he's just going to get angry at her again, and place even MORE restrictions... :(

Omg @Harriet_ your clash with subliminal 😂😂😂
And funny coincidence too since I just answered to her comment in the latest chapter lol

Welp, I thought the duke was getting less creepy, but here we go again.

At least the "not ruining the shoes" part was great. :D

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Airsaber Imagine defending someone who's fucking around when their wedding is just around the corner
Switch the sexes and the Duke would be a poor battered wife, abused and ignored by an uncaring husband.
The MC has no impulse control whatsoever, every arc is about how little impulse control she has, she'll ignore her responsabilities until they're forced on her.

Ughhh seriously why isn't she even slightly interested in her own wedding. Feel bad for the Mc for giving her so much room and now she doesn't even care about them. I understand she got a new product but gosh, not giving one of the most important event in your life a moment in your mind, is so disappointing

@reu: Right. Point me to the part where I defended anyone. And how did you even come up with the "switch the sexes and..." bit!? The duke's been a creepy controlling asshole since the beginning of the series. The MC's been a childish airhead since the beginning of the series. That's all there is to it.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Airsaber you're describing the duke holding her nose to the grinder as creepy, by denouncing his corrective efforts you're clearly defending the MC.
I came up with that bit by looking at events from a perspective other than the MC's, it's very fun you should try it sometime. Every story has as many tellings as it has characters. Switch the main character and its a completely different history.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Airsaber And by "childish airhead" surelly you mean "utter trainwreck with 0 impulse control and 0 sense of responsability", right?
Her modern equivalent would be a NEET staying up dick in hand to 6am and not getting up till 4pm

@reu: She's as much a NEET as most aristocratic ladies in settings like this one, I suppose? Volunteering, drawing, trying to sell an ointment to help someone and designing packaging for it... At least she's trying to do stuff rather than just sit on her ass and wait for the duke to conquer her, I guess? Shame that she's plowing through it with the grace and happy abandon of a young elephant, though, especially right before her own wedding.

As for the duke... It's creepy to lock a woman in her room and to tell her point blank that she will be doing nothing as his wife (even if it's most likely the norm in this kind of a setting). For the majority of the series he's been a cold, smug, unlikeable asshole who apparently thinks that showing one's emotions is for the weak and does it only when he thinks the situation is super dire (and no, I haven't forgotten just how monstrously stupid her "I'm borderline dying" plan was). That's not healthy. Also, he loves boasting about his power and threatening people, and the MC especially. And she does seem to be afraid of him from time to time (and not only her). I know it's a popular cliché, but it's neither cool not attractive.

Both of them are very immature and would rather assume what the other person is thinking than clearly communicate with each other. Yes, that's also a popular cliché, and it's still irritating.

See? I can also take it way too seriously. It's just that I am not and most likely will not be smitten with any character in this series.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Airsaber"it's creepy to force an irresponsible adult to take care of its responsibilities"
Get a job, fujo

@reu: Even if you're in love with a random drawn character to the point of ignoring 80% of the interactions in the series and of other readers' comments, then yes, it's not normal to treat your future wife like this. Acting like a huge brat won't make another huge brat act more maturely. Mature people - regardless of actual age - talk it out. Set boundaries. You know, boring stuff like this. I'm not expecting this to happen in a series like this one, of course, though it would be nice if it happened in more series, even the mainly comedic ones.

And what does that even mean? :D Well, I guess you're bound to write some kind of a "NO U" if you're out of actual arguments... what's next, "cool story bro"?

Users who are viewing this thread