I Stole the Male Lead's First Night - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but it seems like he's wanting Ripley to prioritize the wedding over the business because he's noticed how she's overworked herself. He clearly saw the bloodstain on her dress.
The "I set the Duchess's schedule" bit is toxic, though. Even if you can say he's using it as an excuse, I don't think it's right to do that. He can easily just say he knows she's pushing herself too hard, and is worried for her...
I like this manwha, or at least I want to, but there's certain aspects about this relationship that just seem bad. Between the aforementioned quote and forcing Ripley to stay inside... I'm not liking the Duke.
While you can also say that Ripley not taking the wedding seriously enough is bad, it does not justify this level of control he's trying to push on her. It's overbearing, and really gross.

@Amator - I don't think she's pregnant just exhausted. If you don't let your body rest, your blood vessels don't get to rest and swelling can happen is what I am piecing together?

@Athy a part of me hope that he only forces her in the teasing manner, and not in the patriarchal way (it does sound very patriarchal though, I know lol ) . I noticed that he loves teasing her every time she shows her stubbornness, but we all know on the inside he loves her deeply 😋

Zeronis was introduced as a very forceful man, I think Ripley has very much soften this side of his. 😋

Those who threw all the negativity at Ripley and said that she should follow the Duke's order, I wonder if you are a human or a pet ?? lol

Girl, Ripley... Why didn't you tell him that you were trying to set them up🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️💀💀💀🤷🏻‍♀️

Overwork is not a good thing. That is already irresponsible. She could have ask some help though, but she is doing it by herself. She is becoming dumber by making ML angrier. she knows his temperament. Their plan might be in risk if the ML decided to sabotage it.

Contributor
@Harriet_
Being a duchess carries a lot of prestige and responsibility to uphold the honour of the family name, if she doesn't meet these conditions Zeronis is under real danger and questions will be raised about his fitness for the title and his future lineage if his woman will not live up to the expectations put upon her.

@subliminal lol doesn't mean she has to live the way the society wants her to live.
You sound like a pushover with weak personality who has to live up to others' expectation instead of leading the life you want . Fortunately Ripley is nothing like that, and Zeronis loves her that way!

@Athy I understand I felt a bit like that too 😝 I'm against the patriarchal type.

Contributor
@ Harriet_
I think you're just naive if you don't understand it. He can only give her so much head before it potentially threatens his position. (head as in the horse riding term)

She overworked. Even with Zeronis warning coz he saw her nosebled.

This is unhealthy omg. And she nosebleed two times now yikes.

If they choose to tie her down to bed I wouldn't be object at this rate. This silly girl indeed need some rest omg.

Oh wow. This chapter makes both ML and Mc look kinda dumb.
First:why not tell him you want to help these two to get together? He could help. I didn't understand when she didn't tell the first time and I don't understand now. And, MC, you can actually work responsibly, you know? And on two things simultaneously? Her motivation is to do absolutely nothing for their marriage makes me really question if she actually intends to go through with it. Like, ML probably thinks she does not want to marry him again, she spent 95 % of this story actively trying to get out of it and now she does nothing for the preparation. Poor guy. But it does not make the dukes actions look better. I know there are expectations on your wife but you did know she wasn't the smartest cookie with weird ideas when you proposed. And now you try to restrict her completely? I really hope he tried to scare her into taking a break, because everything else ... Would be dumb and very uncute.
I pray for some progress soon because right know reading is headache inducing.

Thx for the translation, though~ 💕

@InvisibleShiro
Sword drawn "Confess"
"What?!"
"Confess to Etoile"
"Wha... how did you"
"Your miserable love life is interfering with my wedding"
"Ehhh"
Stabs wall, pinning him to it kabedon style "Confess or I'll take your head"
Etoile (standing in the corner beside them): "Ummm..... This is a bit embarrassing... Would it be alright if I confess instead?"
"If she confesses first, I'll take your head"
"Ehhh"

Users who are viewing this thread