I Stole the Male Lead's First Night

the person that mtled latest chapters did a surprisingly good job. thanks for translating!

Tbh I don't like the main lead very much
since he took advantage of the FL when she was drunk and then said it was her fault so they needed to get married.
I don't like that but she's very very funny. Albeit stupid but the banter and failure is whats making me stay. For now...

I have read a bit more from ext chapters and...honestly I have changed my rating right away, this story is just appalling, the main lead is such a great person, he is so nice, so caring, he is always there ready to help the mc, he is being careful with her, he wants her best, ber happiness...etc while the mc is just a piece of trash who's shocked that in her past life she had no friends since she was the king of liars, how about try and be honest instead, I know this isn't completely what happened but those are two different lives and you already have so much people who love and care for you and she should have at least some memories as Ripley and grow from it, not be even worse !!!
Also, she wants to try and act as a villainess but she's already the worst of villains for playing with the heart of such a nice guy, notice that she never ever said "no" while being clear and straightforward, she would either try to make him hate her or just act as if she isn't noticing anything, what a b****!!!

If it’s what I think it is, I’ll be honest, I may end up like like that last face she had about death. Had a “friend” find out that her ex asked me out. She never told me they dated and I didn’t even want to in the first place. It took me three days to figure out how to turn him down nicely because I thought we were just friends. It hurt when I had no idea she was treating me like a stranger out of no where. I gave her a piece of my mind. “The fuck Dude! His my friend, and I didn’t even say yes. I didn’t even know you dated and when I asked him why you avoided me, apparently he tells me you dated. Besides he chicken out right when I was gonna say no and said never mind. How did you even know he asked when it happen on the bus. He clearly doesn’t like you if he’s the one that mention it.” She had a clear head after that and we hung out a bit more but it really hurt how she just back stab me like that and ranting about me with someone in the hallway before I said the fuck dude. It’s not cool if it’s so easy for you to see your friends has sluts just because your stalking didn’t work. Btw, I stay away and when I saw him and told him why she avoided me, he mention that they broke up because she was clingy, jealous even of his mom and stalk him before and after they dated. I made sure I didn’t see them at all after that.

The translation is really good, and the quality of the scans are good.

It’s just the manga storyline itself that is bad, the female lead is so so so frustrating it makes me want to slam my head against a wall.

Group Leader
ML: is Being pushy towards MC, blackmailing and threatening her and gaslighting her
Readers: No it must be the MCs fault

Yo stop erasing every bad thing the ML does just cause hes hot

I'm quite shocked at how there appear to be more people hating on the fl more than the ml. My opinion is solely based on the translated chapters so far, but I think the ml's attitude is worse.

Ripley is not a saint, but I feel like her flaws rn,
which might have something to do with trauma from her past life (as hinted by the author)
is somewhat "justified" for the sake of character development. In any case, I don't immeditely see this as toxic behaviour, just more so her inability to deal with things properly. I feel like part the reason why she never deals with things like a "normal person" could be to play into the comedy aspect. I think the author pulls it off well so I can accept this.

As for the ml:
while he isn't as sadistic as in the original novel and we see his POV to be more understanding/sympathetic of his mindset,
he is still as terrible as the typical "bad boy" trope that manhwa/manga like to exploit. Aka very overbearing, doesn't respect the fl and is toxic. Yeah he does have moments where he shows that he genuinely cares for the fl, but that said, he still
threatens her life, forces a marriage upon her and took advantage of a woman who couldn't propely consent
. His genuine and kind actions do not erase how toxic his terrible behaviour is, and I wish others can see all his actions as a whole rather than justifying all of them because he CAN be nice when he wants to be.

That being said, I still enjoy reading it because I do enjoy the chaarcter interactions and the romcom aspect is well written. I acknowledge that the relationship as it is rn is not healthy at all but I hope that it will improve when we reach the end.

Also, let's all be honest here. A healthy relationship is awesome to read about, romcoms that have questionable characters/actions can be fun to read too.

@MinGenius you think that a nice guy would take advantage of a lady that he KNOWS is drunk??? And she has straightforwardly said NO to him but when he ignored her she tried different ways to get him to stop liking her there are numerous reasons why the ml is worse than the mc ( tho she is kinda stupid but that's supposed to help make the story into a "comedy" ). I don't know if you're being sarcastic, and I respect that you have a different view than I do on this topic but I still strongly disagree with you in this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread