I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

I don't think she can afford to spite her father. He is a duke, after all, and the kind of asshole he is, he'd disown then have her killed in a back alley, being like, "Boo hoo, such tragedy." She just needs to keep her head down, to her way of thinking.

Though the father is strict, he's not wrong. World of politics has everything to do with the things you achieve at work and private life. As her and the sisters failure would reflect badly on the dukedom, it's only fair to have him give the warning. Though as a father, he probably not getting any points. Seems like the late wife might have been married for political reasons and doesn't have a strong bond with her and her child Viollete. It is a sad scene and i strongly want the father to redeem himself in some way, as a sign of the mc growing up in varrious ways. That would be the icing on the cake in my opinion

Fed-Kun's army
@spacehydra There's a lot of assumptions in how their noble society should be working in your claim. For one, you are assuming the noble families doesn't have ulterior motives and are willing to help Violette, even if she gets disowned if she leaves her house (permanently) without permission.

Secondly, their society supports political marriages, which we can assume means each and every person is a political piece, including Violette who may even get sent out for a political marriage. We aren't even sure this is a patriarchal or matriarchal society. Violette may not even become the heir, as it'll be decided by her father.

Thirdly, since there's politics in play, there's likely to be some backlash/consequence in taking a duke's daughter under them, by her rank is a highly valued political piece. the prime minister's family may disapprove how Violette and her father's relationship is. But how does the other noble family view of such action? Do they know the situation between Violette and her father? Will her father approve her leaving the house and getting humiliated? Will the noble view the royalty as an attempt to centralize their power by taking in other people's family members?

Dex-chan lover
Nice... Thought this was dropped perhaps. Just takes patience between chapters.

Is there anyone who's read further in the raw novel and wants to give spoilers?? Please tell me she doesn't end up with Claudia

Dex-chan lover
The dude that ran away with a concubine, keeps harping on about tarnishing the family name, man the author really wants the readers to punch this douche in the face doesnt he?

@trilling
The father has no moral, political, or social leg to stand on, he ran off with his mistress and let his wife die, turning his household into a fucking joke.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't her mom also a noble or something?
Why did her mom's family allow her mom to end up losing her husband to someone else?

Where is the backlash? >_<

Dex-chan lover
Violetta must have forgotten. That there's a Strengthened Sisterhood route in this VN lol. "Sasuga oneesama!" Full steam ahead!

Dex-chan lover
@boag Agreed, the father is definitely in the wrong, and he can't really "redeem" any of what he did. He's a dick and it looks like he isn't gonna even try to change.

Double-page supporter
damn if i was her, i would kill my father first instead of the stepsister

In the novel it was stated that it was common and socially accepted for noblemen to have concubines. Either because their wives couldn't bear a male heir or because the nobleman was really in love with the concubine while in a political marriage.

The manga takes a lighter route than the novel does. You can see why violette went after maryjun instead of her dad too.

Double-page supporter
I don't think you can spend one week to go from a complete beginner to not sounding bad on the violin. I could believe something like 2 months or something if you're a genius, but I think it normally takes at least a couple years to sound sort of okay.

Aggregator gang
hoooooo boy they keep dropping hints left and right

@spacehydra you are just projecting commoner values such as "family" towards nobles. Historically marriage is done for political reasons and concubines are for other reasons such as love or bearing children.

Fck I really want to kill the father. Adulterers should all just die!! You piece of shit!

Hello there. I introduce myself, I am Liiarz a translator and editor of the Scan "The quickly brown no fansub" that brings projects to Spanish for Latin people. I wanted to ask if we can translate this project from its translation in English, obviously the corresponding credits will be added. We look forward to your prompt response and appreciate your efforts as Scan

Fed-Kun's army
This poor girl was straight up neglected by both parents but that a$$hat father thinks she’s untrustworthy. U don’t know her b*tch!!

Also the prince is an idiot

I do like the story a lot! Please continue to translate so we can see Violette smack all these losers in the face with her awesome reformed self!

Users who are viewing this thread