I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! - Vol. 3 Ch. 14.1

Dex-chan lover
And another manga gets dropped in today’s episode of:

The only country that matters is the USA

I'm happy there's an official release but are you actually, honestly, truthfully, really, sincerely leaving us on a cliff hanger?? T^T
@Haven1011 I didn't understand that comment either at first but I guess what they mean is that the manga was still ongoing when it was in Japanese and the author still didn't get payed for all the people reading here yet now that it's translated in english they dropped it so that their own country and that (I guess) American company could get paid or something?
I mean, I'm just trying to make sense of what that comment was, in a way it's true that the author wasn't getting paid for all those scans so it is hypocritical but at the same time we don't understand Japanese and that's a way to promote this manga to a larger public and they just translated it since it didn't have an official one but since now it does have one then they stopped, which is perfectly understandable (though I still dislike the cliffhanger)
Anyway, I'm just trying to understand what they meant like you.

Dex-chan lover
@Haven1011 @MinGenius Getting licensed in America doesn't mean getting licensed in the EU much less in all their many languages. Some people use the English translation as a go between to reach their language as well.
So basically it's a good for you America the EU is so happy for ya we sure didn't want it too or anything. This is of course just speculation on my part.
Personally I just don't like any of the English translation houses because they sit on shit for way too long, drag their feet when they are the only ones who can release it, and sometimes just arbitrarily just inject their politics/censored without good reason.
As for the chapter ya just gotta hate it when you think out loud about the things that got you killed in your last life. In front of the person who got you killed for said things. At a party with the people who killed you for those reasons. Without the only person who supported you during that time in spite of what you did. Smh

@Ceereus The point was that their father eloped to live with his commoner wife and daughter. If he was going to live with them, why wouldn't he be giving her some education? I don't get it. And wouldn't his commoner wife know that too? That there'd be a problem with their daughter in integrating into noble society? She must not be having a great time either navigating noble niceties and etiquette. Why wouldn't she pass some of her knowledge to her daughter?

I dunno, I know you're ruling out the parents but they could provide so much backstory on why Maryjun is the way she is. Situational awareness is taught. I'm hyperaware of what is happening around me and how others perceive me due to how my parents have treated me. Children raised by narcissists often become narcissists themselves. Think about all the "Karens" that exist lol. If her parents only ever thought of themselves, and never taught or showed Maryjun different, of course she would turn self-centered and naive. The only difference is that Maryjun isn't outright mean or rude, she just...was never taught better.

If Maryjun took it too far, then I would blame her. But so far she just wants to be near her sister, because...maybe her parents don't give her much attention either? They never gave her friends to play with? Who is to know.

Maryjun is a bitch. She likes Yulan because Vio likes Yulan. Vio wanted the prince in her first life, so Maryjun wanted him too.

Its not that she purposely wanted to steal Yulan away from Vio though. She's just a very annoying character who can't comprehend boundaries.

@riflow Thank you! She's completely realistic and not even a little uncommon. It makes me so sad to see how many don't see how she's not a harmless/neutral character. The writer does a really good job not demonizing her so we can have this kind of conversation lol. Ultimately a character like mj can only be clocked if she's an ugly stepsister etc huh?
She isn't nice bc she's a nice person she's nice bc she's never had to fear her place in a household, she's literally never had to worry about being thrown away by anyone bc altho she was raised as a commoner she's had the privilege of winning at life no matter what it is and always having her family provide for her even the normal things you should figure out yourself. It's this bald faced main character confidence that everyone and everything is fine even while she's sat there as her dad and mum are actively neglecting and in the dads case abusing her older sister while she effing joins in by getting close to her no matter how far vio tried to pull back.
Very well said. She's so sheltered and living in her own happy bubble which would be fine if there wasn't someone bleeding for her to have had that kind of life. And now that person has to live and care for the girl who benefits the most from her neglectedness. The worst part is Vio just wants to have as little to do with those three (and the prince) as possible but mj in her tone deafness and disinterest in trying to read Violette's mood, forces Vio to spend time with her (tea time, study group, summer trip etc). What Vio wants doesn't enter her thoughts whatsoever. And they're not so close where one should assume the other would want to spend time together.
I hope eventually we get to see maryjun and that damn Prince, realise just how much pain they've put vio through. Also I want someone to shoot the dad into a den of poisonous snakes.
Yes! Justice for Vio! I want Yulan and Vio to become king and queen.

@Dragontrainer You don't marry someone just to protect them lol. That's how they got close but surely not why he wanted to marry her.

I think her observational skills aren't lacking in general though: she's able to notice things like how close Yulan and Vio are and that makes her gain interest in Yulan herself. It was probably the same last timeline with the prince: she noticed who Vio is interested in and she became interested in him too. There are other examples of mj being quick to notice things but it's been a while since I've read it. Furthermore, it's not like people aren't telling (bullying) mj about the reality of her home but for some reason, mj doesn't seem to be concerned about how Vio is feeling. Remember Yulan checking in on Vio about the whole situation during mj's welcoming tea party? We never see mj taking any kind of interest in how Vio must be feeling with everything going on. Perhaps it's awkward for her but her happy-go-lucky attitude in front of her family makes me think otherwise.

My problem with thinking mj just loves her father etc is that, wouldn't you feel sorry for the child your father didn't raise if your father is so wonderful? Wouldn't you want them to finally get time together? But mj is totally fine with being the only one to bask in her father's affection.
About the mother: isn't that even more reason for those three to be more loving to Vio? But they don't seem to have any such intention. More like mj just wants this perfect relationship with her big sister without any added context or acknowledgement of past history.
Of course the father is a bit careful to not show his true nature to mj but he doesn't hide the fact that he only pays attention to mj and her mom (and has since mj was born).

@Hobnobs Idk I find Maryjun interesting. She's not an evil person but she causes cruel pain regardless. It's very real. And irl, people don't change but it's enjoyable seeing Violette's painstaking effort to navigate someone like Maryjun. I think any character development that happens with Maryjun that isn't careful can make all of this not as worthwhile.

@iskaeil Mj would only stop being a commoner if the first wife died and the duke remarried. The backstory isn't there, but I'm pretty sure noble and royal education are restricted to their respective classes. So I'm sure mj had the proper training for a commoner but she wouldn't have access to a noble's education. Did her father neglect her quite a bit by not making sure she was ready to match her new peers before sending her to school? Sure but the first wife just died and it's the beginning of a new term. It would also take so much time to bring her up to speed with some instructors when they probably wanted her join society since she's already missed out for 16 years. He pushed society's acceptance of her with that tea party attended by all the important families. Honestly, was he so wrong since she ended up getting engaged to the prince lol

Did anyone teach Vio about situational awareness? Because she was raised by servants and a mentally unstable mother yet she's able to perfectly understand what's going on around her. From how to maneuver in society to gain followers to knowing exactly what kind of talk her father's actions have inspired. You don't need to be taught but it is directly related to your interests. Mj just isn't interested in anything outside her happy bubble which would be fine if she wasn't causing pain to Vio with her obliviousness.

That's the thing though. She is taking it too far because she's endangering the tiny amount of peace Vio has carved out for herself in that house: escaping those three as much as possible.

@sqrt9
Maryjun is a bitch. She likes Yulan because Vio likes Yulan. Vio wanted the prince in her first life, so Maryjun wanted him too.

Its not that she purposely wanted to steal Yulan away from Vio though. She's just a very annoying character who can't comprehend boundaries.

Mj's defense team don't want you to read this comment

Dex-chan lover
@Haven1011, @MinGenius, @iskaeil

What I’m trying to say that "manga x got licensed in freedomland, and because of that we are dropping the scan". Ok, what about the rest of the world? The people in EU, South America, Africa, etc., do they are capable of buying the manga? No, we are not, unless you are wanting to spend a fortune to do so, and guess what? I’m not. So, while is great for a single country that the manga is now available in a legal way, the rest of the world will probably never know the end of the manga. And some american scans just don’t care.

@NightmareWeeb Ah, that makes sense. And I agree, just because a manga is being picked up legally in one country, doesn't make it available to the rest of the world. And as an American citizen, I can say that a lot of these manga that are legally picked up here do not make it into stores, and are ridiculously priced online. So this is probably the last I will ever see of this manga 😅

@Ceereus Vio presumably was around other nobles (she like, barged into a group of noble kids bullying Yulan during a noble gathering, right?) and had her maid as support. I'm not saying that's all it takes but she had people to learn from. If she was being scolded by her mentally unstable mother of course she would learn situational awareness...she learned what you should and shouldn't do to represent the family through sheer abuse. She had to go to outings where she was forced to hear people whisper about her, and learned how to conduct herself that way as well as far as handling rumors go.

As far as MJ's education, I guess I'm confused, because I thought that Vio's father had left Vio's house and was in a separate household offsite with his concubine, and still doing administrative tasks and serving the country. So I figured that MJ was in a separate house, with her father and mother, and thus could get a tutor for her, and likely did, considering that she didn't seem to actually struggle that much while learning for her exams..? I feel like Vio would mention that her learning level was impressive for having a commoner education for 16 years. Like I guess my question is if he eloped, why couldn't he just hire a tutor for her in secret even if it was frowned upon? You talk as if this family is following the societal norms of a noble family anyway, but they aren't because he already left the whole household to live away from his legal wife, so why would it be impossible for him to just bribe a tutor for MJ and get some serving lady to teach her some noble etiquette?

Like I said, frankly, I don't like MJ, but from Vio's perspective that she has given there is little to no reason to hate her other than the fact that she is a Mary Sue and for whatever reason would rather defend some random stranger servant in public than her "beloved older sister" at home against her father. She sucks. But Vio dug herself into a hole because she is unwilling to tell or show MJ that she makes her uncomfortable. Vio's permanent face when dealing with MJ is a smile and kindness. How is MJ to know that's Vio's fake smile, or fake laugh, or what she looks like when she's uncomfortable when Vio learned to be so good at it? Two of my friends have a resting bitch face, if I met them later in my life I don't think I'd be able to tell that they weren't grumpy just from meeting them a few times and looking at the environment...

Group Leader
@Ceereus

The "MC is the best an can do no wrong cause I self insert" people are more annyoing

@sqrt9

Please go read sittty chinese manuhas they seem more you style with the internalized misogyny and all other women besides the MC are bitches mentality

Users who are viewing this thread