I Tamed a Tyrant and Ran Away

Thank you for the mass release YOU GUYS ARE MAD LADS I can't believe how much you've done today!

Wow thanks for the massive update! Lovely art, interesting (if a bit bizzare) story!

The titles these days though, I think it'll be a while till we get to the 'running away' part. Spoiler much? Or will they say that all the intrigues and struggles for the throne were one long prologue, after which comes the fluff we've come to expect from this genre?

The plot holes are too glaring for me to fully enjoy the story. But the art is pretty~~

Why she ran away (yeeted):

Dylan became a genius tyrant. He planned a rebellion to usurp the throne. When he was going through the imperial archives in the midst of battle, he figured that Charlize was turned into a sword by human experiment. At the end of battle, he went against Charlize's plans: instead of bringing the emperor to her so she can exact her revenge, he force fed the emperor the Ehrite crystal and turned him into a being that cannot be killed (emperor also went insane). She was scared because it was a "genius" but extremely cruel plan and she ran away with the help of the fairies.

Not sure why this was rated so highly... Even putting aside the predictable setting and genre-standard OP protagonist, as an adaptation this manhwa is frankly not good. The artist rarely shows anything in the story with art - instead, every development and detail is conveyed through a barrage of extremely expositional internal monologue and occasional comments from other characters.

Beautiful art :/ but that’s all. Love how she’s OP but I feel like I won’t like her based on the title “ I ran away “ she don’t look 15 or try to act like she’s 15. 17 would’ve been more believable. I don’t see how romance can bloom between them.. maybe obsession on the prince part but I see more of a sibling relationship. If there was another character that was the ML I think it would’ve been more interesting. Over all 7.5/10 nice read but it’s not breath taking. The art is breath taking though

Mediocre. Nothing special. Surprisingly boring. Story jumps around and left out details with no explanation. Meh.

@Halina she lived for many lives and you expect her to act like a 15yr old? Of course having reincarnated she would possess a more mature demeanor regardless of her current age, that was the point (it be pointless to act like an innocent teenager when she has come to terms that her family never cared for her no matter how hard she tried) and why she changed drastically that everyone noticed and those servants wouldn't think to treat her badly like before.

These manhwa stories are so weird.when ppl are actually wanting familial love and caring they ignore the poor child...to the point to even death.But when the child/person finally gives up on it or changes(transmigration)they start to getting bothered.like wtf the level of attention seeking and narrcessim.
I read a novel where the mc swears openly at a father like Duke shown here..and Duke be like I am your father show respect...mc says since when?

it’s super pretty, but the plot is So Extra and the fact that the author’s clearly never heard of “show don’t tell” weakens it more. it also makes it difficult to connect with the mc emotionally?? honestly more annoying for the fact that it seems to have most of the right pieces, but it just can’t make them click.

Am I the only one who really likes this- ik it’s derivative, but like so are most reincarnation stories. Idk I like it- I don’t read these hoping it will be some amazing unique piece of literature- I just like romance stories and this mc seems really cool- thank you for your hard work translating!

Y’all seem to care so much more that the female mc is op than the fact that the male mc is- like she was a 400 year old sword- she’s gonna be op

The novel translations up to chapter 47 at this point (probably will be more than 47 chapters in the manhwa) are floating around on the internet (pls don't ask me, Google is your best friend), and in my humble opinion the story continues to be just as good. I'm looking forward to how the series ends, and am definitely really looking forward to watching things visualized with this beautiful art.

Emotionally, this manga tells too much about how the characters feel rather than just pacing a bit slower and showing it through interactions. The narrator is way too heavy handed.

The revenge tale isn't bad, but with the narrator carrying the characters, the passionate burning feeling of vengeance the reader is supposed to vicariously feel isn't there.

5/10, It's average.

@bugonia agreed and love your bees

Users who are viewing this thread