I Think Our Son Is Gay

Aggregator gang
Having read one chapter, I can safely say that "Probably" is a major exaggeration.

Probably
Even in the first chapter that Hiroki is very obvious. Kid is both very open and very closed about it.

Fed-Kun's army
This story rubbed me the wrong way. Growing up I had a neighbor friend who's mom was convinced her son was trans because he liked to paint his nails and was a little effeminate. He was my best friend and told me he felt his mom was more excited about him being trans than he was, he didn't know what to do and confided in me how he felt not right. The mom moved away when his dad accused her of having Munchhausen Syndrome and she felt he needed a new environment, he killed himself when he was 22. He tried to de-transition but the damage was done, even at his funeral the mom mad it all about her, it was infuriating her sisters mentioned she showed him off like some fucking trophy.. Sorry for the buzzkill but venting actually made me feel alot better.

@Somethindarker

yeah that’s mostly why I haven’t read this yet and probably never will, besides the fact that these types of stories just aren’t for me.

@Somethindarker Wooah buddy, this mom is not nearly that crazy and the guy is gay. It's a little ambiguous early on but it gets more obvious later.
Also his mom isn't pushing it on him, she's just being and ally while waiting for him to come out on his own terms.

Fed-Kun's army
@RoastedLemons I read the first few chapters before it started to grate at me, so I'll take your word for it. Just expressing the memories the story brought up. Not hating on the story just sharing.

It's refreshing to read somethingnthat deals with a queer perspective in an unfetishizing way and genuinely considers our perspective. It's a gentle way to deal with it, but I like it. I'm a gay woman but a lot of gay manga for either gender is very...well, fetishizing and objectifying. It's nice to read this in a "mental exercise about if your family member was gay" way. It's nice to be read about people like you being written about as real people. It's nice that she is quietly supportive and waits for him to be ready to tell her. It's just really refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why this story has such low rating but I’m glad I didn’t pass it. It’s a good gentle story that is very wholesome.

Users who are viewing this thread