I Think Our Son Is Gay

He'll be shamed and commit suicide in his mid twenties.

Likelihood of being an isekai hero: 95%

I am intensely jealous of the main character’s son. Family relationships as a queer person are just...complicated and traumatic a lot of the time, and having somebody understand you and support you can be really rare. But this mom is awesome. First, off, she is accepting and quietly intervenes to help. Second, she’s waiting for him to choose to talk to her about it if he’s ready at any time. Third, she’s a supportive parent. Just a good, loving parent. And the brother is great too!

If you’re looking for a positive, empathetic portrayal of gay teens, this is a gem.

As a straight guy, I'm actually jealous of a kid like this. I don't think I could ever express my feelings to such a degree. It's partly out of fear that it'll one day bite my ass. Butits a good read

I love this manga so much, it always brings a smile to my face whenever a new chapter is released. Thank you so much for continuing to translate it!

Reading this to see what healthy parenting is cause my mom certainly don’t have it😂

Dex-chan lover
ugh she doesn't understand the difference between homies and boyfriends

Is there a word for waifu, but where you want them to be your mother instead of wife?

fhq

He's not gay. He's just a flamboyant dude. Just buddying around with his friend, yaknow

Fed-Kun's army
I hope the Dad comes back more often, only time the manga is interesting. It's a miracle the entire High School doesn't know he's a flaming homo at this point.

Fuck, this manga made me cry. I’m having trouble coming out, but people already assumed I was gay (even when I thought I was straight), so maybe I can just relate to this a lot more. It made me think about the people supporting me, even if I can’t see it.

Users who are viewing this thread