I Thought an Adventure of Swords and Sorcery Would Be Waiting When I Reincarnated, and Yet... - Oneshot

The moment when all the comments are half-assed essay responses on their opinion of isekai's 'originality'
I'm just sitting here, acknowledging that this IS A PARODY, and acts like social commentary to point out things and present a sometimes critical perspective, SOLELY BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMON/CLICHE
geeze

Dex-chan lover
I remember again the one shot manga, wherein he reincarnated, he thought it would be magic adventures and harem, and in the end, he was a dishwasher....

Double-page supporter
Fuck yea gimme more of that isekai trash shit, am trash man

Aggregator gang
If it becomes like this, I'd just ask the Creator to let me work right there, or put me in Elysium. & will put a petition so Truck-kun won't be the Harbinger of Isekaidom anymore lolol as it's just totally unfair.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark I'm not talking about how bad the genre is, but how much we complain about it and shouldn't. Like, we are at the point where we should move on if we don't like it.

Even if we want to stop the production of it, we would still need to stop consuming it. If every person who disliked it just left it alone, it would have that many less views....

And it might seem like it has a lot of production, but it doesn't really. You need to remember something; we get things translated to us when translators decide to translate them. So many of the short Isekai stories that are already complete are still being translated.

Also, the way WE get manga is different than how Japan gets it. They get it through magazines, we just get all the manga just given without it being in Magazines.

It's not as much of an issue as people say it is.

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock No, there isn't a "Well we should leave it alone" moment for a media. Ever. So long as something continues to be produced, it needs to be held to certain standards of quality. If it doesn't reach those standards, it deserves to be called out on it. Also please stop with this idea we should just "Not read it if we don't like it" this is a fallacious idea because it ignores that stories, genre and people change over time. Saying if a reader is looking for something from the genre, or believes there are gems among the trash, he or she SHOULD continue looking for it even if they have to complain about the work they have to go through to find it. That complaint is indicative of a problem and is valid.

I am not a huge fan of Isekai, yet some of my favorites are "Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?" an Isekai that decided to do things differently and Konosuba, a series that has done everything in it's power to lambast this genre and parody it to death. If I had done as you said and just left the genre alone because 99% of it is garbage, I wouldn't have two of my favorites. Do you see the problem?

Also about this "it's not that bad in Japan" thing. My friend, you do realize you're on the oneshot of a serialized author who his saying that this genre is oversaturated and overdone, correct? I would assume someone who has been in the industry and has connections to the industry would have more weight on this argument than none. Also, remember that I pointed out the large amount of Isekai that reference other Isekai as a basis for their plot or just outright mock Isekai for being too tropey. You're ignoring the proof that this stuff has flooding Japan and that Japanese authors are clearly aware of it but don't think they can do anything about it because it sells too well. This aren't small Magazine publications, these are book publishers, web novels, indie manga authors and so on.

Honestly, I don't think you could ever genuinely refer to this genre as small or act like it isn't having an impact when it clearly is. It's disingenuous to do otherwise.

Group Leader
This one shot reflects on what the mangaka thinks of the current state of the isekai genre with repeated cliches and I agree with him and the story

Fed-Kun's army
nice work author.
and for all the 'essay-writers', isekai as a genre is not cliche, but the ongoing fads in it are, and you guys wrote that much for such a simple topic, retarded much?

Users who are viewing this thread