I Thought She Was a Yandere, but Apparently She's Even Worse - Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
Can someone actually tell me what a heroine is?
Still no fuckin idea
Just a shitty (= the Japanese) way to point out they are recurring/main characters, but they own vaginas and are therefore side characters. Heroines are female characters who are reduced to being the MC's love interests, battle harem, etc.

I'm sure the term originates from games where the hero forms a party with heroines. I'm on my phone so I'll edit it in later

Group Leader
I just love it when the yakuza protagonist realizes they have been the baka mitai all along and break down :win:

Just a shitty (= the Japanese) way to point out they are recurring/main characters, but they own vaginas and are therefore side characters. Heroines are female characters who are reduced to being the MC's love interests, battle harem, etc.

I'm sure the term originates from games where the hero forms a party with heroines. I'm on my phone so I'll edit it in later
Heroine originated from the ancient greek word hērōine, as the feminine noun form of hērōs. That means heroine is just a carryover from the european gendered languages as a word for a female hero. There's no shitty (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're implying sexism) connotation to this word, its just another way of saying fmc.

Users who are viewing this thread