I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! - Vol. 4 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Such a blooody let down bro! wtf??? it SUCKS ok? no one like the idea that your lover has to come to your date late after they had to gut an human, like WAY??? that is way i really dislike this kind of ending

Dex-chan lover
That is it?
I'm guessing the manga didn't sell well or something and the author had to rush to wrap it up.
Sigh, hate capitalism

Dex-chan lover
♡o(╥﹏╥)o ♥♡ Thanks for all the hard work. It's sad seeing this series go though. I still have my favorite series Mieruko-chan to look forward to but this was also an instaread series for me. I don't know how I feel about the ending but I loved this series a lot.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Beautiful spread. Ended a bit fast but oh well, was sweet and thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Oh it has nothing to do with Bolivia, it is a type of ending in story telling, here is a copy pasted explanation from Tv tropes.com

" A Bolivian Army Ending is an Ending Trope that occurs when the main characters face seemingly insurmountable odds which, for once, the main characters actually seem unable to surmount.

This trope usually leaves out the actual demise of the protagonists, ending just as they face the fire. Thus, while previous circumstances and/or antagonists indicate their unseen yet inevitable destruction, the actual fate(s) of the hero(es) hide(s) behind the horizon evermore, unless the fiction continues this/these character(s) in an upcoming/additional body of work.

The trope is named for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. For both the end of the movie, and their real life ending."
Ah, okay. Thank you for the explanation.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda left things a bit too open for my taste, the last few chapters felt like a lot of philosophizing about society, which is fine in moderation or if it has more of a point.

The narrative was engaging but once things started getting revealed it got a bit too unfocused. I do like the idea of a side-story about the assassin girls though.

Dex-chan lover
That ending fuck slaps. Its really nice to see a story that focuses on systemic issues not cop out at the end with the hero single handedly destroying the fucked up system.

Also the 2 page spread with the kiss was really cute :glee:

Double-page supporter
This series kept surprising me throughout, and I do like this ending quite a lot!
It's fully in tune with the overall tone of the series, and it doesn't make light of or pretends that there's way out of that messy situation they set up. Kudos to this author!

Users who are viewing this thread