I Want to Hug a Girl Like This! Short Stories - Vol. 1 Ch. 29 - A Girl from the Hostess Bar [by Matsuda Kouta]

Dex-chan lover
Let’s remember that nothing is taken for granted, he’s tired and she’s doing an honest job, he thought he was the one struggling but others can be struggling worse and not feel down. It’s not the message you came in expecting but it’s still a valuable one for you to take away.

Also farm girls are cute, even if they are also hostesses.

Everyone: ???
The Translator: ???
The Proreader: ???
The Type Setter: ???
The Redrawer: ???
The JP natives: ???

In the four part Japanese essay structure, 起承転結 kishoutenketsu, the third part, ten/転, is the moment of re-contextualization. It's the bit of information he reader requires to finally grasp the author's thesis, because it puts all of the previous information into the proper context that's needed to make sense of it.

It doesn't really work in this case, but maybe we can argue that the main character here has a little moment of "ten." He came in expecting one thing (a superficial experience with a shallow person), and suddenly discovered her humanity, leading him to re-evaluate his initial assumptions. That's all it is. The "helping her parents" bit is a kind of shorthand for suggesting her moral virtue (devotion to her parents), and I guess the farm bit undercuts the general perception of sex workers as "slick, sophisticated, city-types."

Dex-chan lover
my face mfw
D86safat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread