I Want to Teach Marie-sama a Lesson! - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - I Want to Teach Her a Lesson at a Swimsuit Competition

Dex-chan lover
First of all, just because it's Japan, it doesn't mean they live in a bubble. The era of the shogunate are long gone. Western movies had the biggest box office earnings for decades, before China allowed them to screen widely, and took it over. So yeah, they will obviously know about action stars that are pretty much legends, even if they rather prefer their own culture.

Btw, Sorbenegger would've been a better sounding translation imo.

Group Leader
@Istvan90623 Just because Japan isn't in a bubble doesn't mean they pay attention to the squabbles of action stars from decades ago.
The original was actually Sorbenegger but that's a really iffy looking word and I don't want ever reader to do a double take thinking that Marie just dropped a racial epithet.

Holy fuck, the Jojo's reference had me rolling. Great translations as always.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaisermutt They are world known, that includes Japan as well. They might prefer their own celebrities, (although several western ones are quite big over there), but that doesn't mean they are completely ignorant.

As for the Sorbenegger thing, the fact that it was changed because of the remote possibility to call it a racial slur, which would be a rather massive stretch, is just simply sad and stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread