I Was Dismissed from the Hero’s Party Because They Don't Need My Training Skills, so I Strengthened My [Fief] Which I Got as a Replacement for My Ret…

Double-page supporter
All and all with his skills it was unavoidable. They thankful for him and cares for him genuinely. Saddening as it maybe it's for his own good as he is not getting any stronger.
Yes, it's frustrating non the less but atleast these now ex-comrade are the people who you would still be friends with.
They have their own goals and dream so it's understandable. If you know your limits and come it term with it while also finding new ways of utilizing those skill and learn something new it can still bring you sense of fullfillness.

Dex-chan lover
I though they ditch him because something... Actually a good party tho... Nice~

Huh even tho this is like the 4th time ive seen this exact thing happen this is the first time the party isnt being an ass about it guess ill read whats out and never come back here again

@monkey123 nah not really. Ive read a good bit of isekais and I've never (to my recollection) seen people smoking a cigarette in the new world.

Double-page supporter
I like the setup. MC is like those characters in RPGs that are useful in the beginning becuase they're stronger than the party, but have bad progression curves so they end up being weak in the endgame. A crutch the developer uses to get your party started but that you're supposed to dump by the end. His eye is super useful for picking party members, but does nothing after that. If he is only passing xp along when he kills enemies, then once everyone else is stronger he is essentially risking his life without providing a benefit. And it's nice that the party recognices this, and are willing to part ways without trying to destroy him for no reason.

As she says, he won't become a legendary adventurer himself, but he could pick a different carreer instead, and his skills fit a lord perfectly. He can raise loyal op vassals by picking rough diamonds from the general populace and then training them to a reasonable level of competence, then use them to do his bidding. He could also make a living as a guild trainer or councelor or something, but lord is the one that let's him continue to benefit from training people even if he doesn't become strong himself.

Finally, a series with this trope, but with an actually good party that gives their members a proper send-off, and even a proper retirement pension.

Double-page supporter
@EriasuCheese The way I see it, he was more like a coach. He's able to see other people's potential and bring it out to its max. But, he doesn't quite have the skills to play in the same league as them. At least in this story they all acknowledge it and it's settled amicably.

Dex-chan lover
So this is what KSI do to be a lord... I- I mean Lord KSI

Dex-chan lover
@Laxius

Well, I mean they're doing what he did for them: helping him on a path to realizing more of his potential- in this case, by telling him that he could be far more important than a mere adventurer. Giving him a territory is essentially what he did for them at first, by giving him a role that truly suits him.

Dex-chan lover
Why some of these comment is negative on the party?

In my view, the party didnt kick him but asking to quit from being adventurer because his skill and role isnt really suitable for adventuring. Thats why they want to give him a lord title as farewell gift because then he can use fully of his skill.

Fed-Kun's army
Did they just use him or were they worried for him?

Imagine if you will the MC as a RPG character. You have your party setup with warrior, mage, healer and then add him in.
He doesn't posses a great combat skills and can't tank hits, only knows some magic that isn't really useful against the stronger enemies. You only keep him in party because he has a skill that revealed other characters most suitable occupation/weapon and he gives an EXP boost to the party.

Now you are past the mid-point of levels and closing in on both the final levels of characters and the game, with far stronger enemies. You would seriously need that 4th slot filled with someone who actually can contribute to the boss battles. NOW take into account the fact that even if they don't have 4 member party limit, their death might be permanent.

As far as I see, in a game you would have him in a party as an EXP boost while leveling in certain areas, but you would need to avoid getting agro for him and keep him alive by tanking hits with other characters and throwing healing and revives to keep the boost. In reality if he gets killed, that might be that and you just lost the boost permanently and your friend. He would be safest if only taken on training trips/EXP farming and left home for boss battles.

So in conclusion, getting booted from the party is the safest bet for his own good, now that the party is strong enough. Even got a fief for himself to manage as a reward. Thank you for your hard work buddy.

When I read the title I was afraid the party that booted him would be assholes, and I'm glad that they aren't. They just want him to be safe because the adventure is getting too dangerous for his abilities, and they're legitimately thankful for all he's done, and saddened for making him leave. It's sad, but understandable. What a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread