I Was Dismissed from the Hero’s Party Because They Don't Need My Training Skills, so I Strengthened My [Fief] Which I Got as a Replacement for My Ret…

Dex-chan lover
Okay obviously that type of skill set doesn’t belong in the field. He should be in charge of an academy or employed by the guild directly. That type of ability is infinitely better than a hero’s power in that it can give someone a very stable career. If he’s realized this before I don’t understand why he continued adventuring with them.

Also, I just hate this hero. Even if he tried to be mice about it, he still invited the MC on a journey and then kicked him out when he stopped being useful; talk about loyalty. And the one setting him up for the future is a companion they gained along the way. What a grear friend. That’s not really something that can be portrayed as okay to me. I would understand if the hero showed that he was only kicking him out because it was too dangerous, but he didn’t even try using that as an excuse. He just blatantly said “I want to kill the demon king and you’re holding us back”. this is literally “Hey best buddy, come on an adventure with me and we’ll rock the world together” and then later “hmm. Yeah. Sorry. You gotta go. You’re not really...on my level, anymore”. If the hero began the journey and dream with the mc (specifically convincing the mc to come along), there’s nothing even decent about dropping the MC when he’s no longer useful and selfishly completing it on your on with the party that wouldn’t have even been founded without the mc. The main character is taking this stupid well (he should be infuriated; really this is a sign of his own lack of self esteem and drive), but this is like starting a company with a best friend and then being kicked out of the company by said friend even though it was your ideas and hard work that made the company successful. And no giving someone money or a consolation prize doesn’t make up for robbing them of their dream that YOU fed them AND basically discrediting all their hard work (if the hero achieves his dream, the MC can’t even say he is part of the party that beat the demon king any more; he’ll have little to know acknowledgement and accolades when they started out together and its only because of him ANY of those party members are worth anything and not still complete shit). This is trying to portray it as okay, but this is one of THE WORST hero party kick outs I’ve seen. At least the others have the balls to say to your face that they’re a terrible person when they kick you out. These guys rob you of all of your hard work and steal your dream while smiling and looking sorry. I hate those type of people. The worst thing is, there’s a million different ways to not screw him over. They could appoint him leader and strategist and just keep him out of combat. They could even start a larger organization (for raids and stuff) and again appoint him as leader to recruit new members and continue grow their party. It would be really easy to solve the problem without dropping the MC and robbing him of his dream. These are just bad people pretending to be nice (so most people). Even the girl; if she genuinely liked him, she’d follow him and leave or would fight for him to stay.

@Sep10trion What noble intentions? They literally just wanted him out of the party because he was holding them back and they wanted to achieve more. That’s not noble; that’s selfish. Especially considering that was his dream as well and he built that party from the ground up (he’s the only reason any of them are together and that they’re even strong). The severance package was provided by one person who worked extra hard (probably likes the mc). The hero himself was just going to give him a farewell party (gee thanks; totally makes up for you guys robbing my dreams) and this was to his best friend that he’s been with from the start and goaded on taking this trip oh and is the literal only reason he’s a hero. Yeah, real noble. You could argue that these characters are only trying to protect the mc (because he’s weaker than them), but if that were the case they’d continue to protect him during the journey until the point where HE feels like a burden and leaves without their consent or them knowing. They should really have WAY more respect and loyalty for the guy (like we’ll give our lives to bring you recognition levels or loyalty) considering he’s the ONLY REASON they’re have any worth as adventures. A lot of this is a complete lack of details though. We’re introduced to two characters out of the whole party and only get really details about their relationship from one. We don’t even know if the other members know/wanted him kicked out. This isn’t the best writing. From only what these are TERRIBLE people though. They certainly act more human in that they’re willing to screw you over and stab you in the back while smiling, apologizing (I always say if you’re really sorry, you wouldn’t do it in the first place; apologizes are reserved for accidents), and saying “lets still be friends”. Sorry, that just made me angry (see I’m not really sorry, because I still intentionally wrote this and didn’t backspace, but sorry just cuz).

Okay looking back over it this is written pretty poorly in the main character’s motivation. We’re told he wants to be an adventure and achieve success, but he seems to pretty quickly get interested in being a lord and staying in one place. In fact being a lord is near the exact opposite of being an adventure. And then the description says he raised a fief strong enough to beat the demon king. Okay why would he think this new group would stick with him, when last time they were strong enough to beat the demon king they dumped him.

I skimmed through the novel and what i understood (about tiana):
mc and tiana went out with each other, she even wanted to leave the party with him. But the mc did not want that and broke up with her because he felt like he held her back (he did not say that though, he just told her he does not like her anymore). Cross (the hero) likes tiana and later in the story he will confess, she rejects him because she wants to focus on the quests. However later it is hinted that tiana is unhappy because she wants to be with the mc, but she does not go to him (even when another party member tries to push her to go to the mc). Her reason is because she feels responsible for the party (at this point the mc's ex party is a big deal)

Dex-chan lover
I dont get why he has to be kicked out unless there's a hard cap on party members like in games but there arent. They're still just ungrateful assholes.

It should be the MC feeling he isnt contributing anything and decided to leave

Feels like the author is trying to justify the party being ungrateful while also fully illustrating how ungrateful they are, it’s weird!

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax it's like a CEO builds a multi billion dollar company from the ground up and then gets voted out by the board, maybe they had a good reason to kick him out off the CEO position, maybe he wasn't the best boss, maybe kicking him out is best for the company but it's still a dick move no matter how you look at it.

Huh, I like the "kicked out of the party because I'm the weak link" angle but without the rest of them being complete dicks. No NTR, no backstabbing, no fake smiles. I'll keep an eye on this, I like shunting off overdone tropes.

Dex-chan lover
Man. Reading this and imagining meatcanyon's deep rich voice whispering "you ungrateful little bastard" is telling me this manga is alright. I guess

Hey, a main character who smokes. Given that the author has tried to do something at least a LITTLE different, rather than the bland cardboard cutout of way too many MCs, this might actually have potential.

At least it's not like a certain other "got kicked out by the party coz undervalued, then I became awesome and the party were total shits" manga.

The hero (novel spoilers)
has an inferiority complex towards the mc and likes tiana (who likes the mc), so i am not convinced that he wants the mc out of the party for the mc's wellbeing.

Unless theres future events that makes the hero to be like "im getting cockblocked by my friend so I kick him out of the party", then i can say its still good for now.
Sure its kinda an ass for kicking him out but the mc himself knows his skills are now useless.
As far as we can see now, his skill are only
Double exp gain and status checker. Which is good in the early game but kinda useless lategame since you dont need exp gain if youre maxed out or already have a full pt.

Lets be real, you throw away your HM slave and exp share late game in pokemon. Even in genshin impact, once you got top tier dps you threw away the useless first roll.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, a wholesome MC gets kicked out of the party moment... why do these have to be so rare???

@standby Nah, it's an actual fact that the MC is too weak for the greater threats... he himself is noticing that. He'll be killed if he goes farther. Even the girl who loves him and his own skill are telling him that.

@pingustrategist They would have to travel to dangerous places, plus, the heroes already have a manager who can do more. Plus, it's just a huge waste of his potential.

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused, aren't the party members supposed to all be assholes? Why is this manga full of genuinely nice people?

Dex-chan lover
I'd be pretty sad if the Hero is just another asshole. Japan really likes to make their Heroes dumbass and/or unrepentantly evil. I wish Cross stays as a good boy because I'm dropping this the moment he turns evil.

Users who are viewing this thread