I Was Summoned to Be a Saint, but Was Robbed of the Position

Im liking the premise so far... wonder if she will try and join the other side of the war? Maybe save that commander? Huhu... hopefully this doesnt get dropped!

Doesn’t seem all that promising for me. The characters seem stiff and either express little to no emotion or a ton of emotion. Just my personal opinion tho.

Dex-chan lover
As avid isekai reader, I can tell two or three titles with similar prologue but this one took different direction. I like it so far but I'm not sure I like how she decided to tell everything to the priest....

Things could have been solved if she shows evidence from the start. Or if the royalties have the brain to test their abilities first.

seems like a good one, just one disapointing thing, why start with a few page where we see the mc get her revenge, after that all i can feel is "faster!! faster!! i want to see the revenge already just to see the bitch get what she deserve"... that anoy me a little...

Dex-chan lover
Anise certainly seems to have a lot on her plate, not just a pinch of anise.

Fed-Kun's army
I dunno, reminds me of Black healer and Vengeful white cat... but I'll give it another 20-40 chances to disappoint me.

Thanks for the translations. ^.^

I am betting the priest is actually the neighboring country's general and she just healed him.

This comment is my impression of the first chapter, and of the feel of this series, and basically like a review of it, sort of. Anything below talking about this series is all revealed in the first chap(and nearly quick at the beginning too), so I don't really know if they would be considered as spoilers. Personally, I don't think so, so I'm pretty much going to leave it as it
This series has a similar feel/setup with "The Vengeful White Cat Lounging on the Dragon King's Lap", mixed with "Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu/The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent", except with a few changes, first being that the "friend", Hime, (or FRIENEMY, or rather just straight up BRATWITCH ENEMY!) that was summoned with MC is actually consciously and purposefully acting like a lying, scheming, two-faced, sickly-sweet poisoned snake witch (that's actually an insult to snakes AND witches, cuz I actually like snakes, but it's difficult to find insults great enough to describe the severity of the sheer scorn and disgust and hatred that I feel for these type of characters, cuz it dredges up bad experiences and personal traumas best left deeply buried and never to be ever found again, lol), rather than how Asahi (in "Vengeful White Cat" was just SO FREAKING BRAINLESSLY CLUELESS and SELF-CENTERED and SELFISH, but how it was also COMPLETELY WITHOUT ANY MALICE or ILL-INTENT AT ALL. Asahi had everyone spoiling her and giving everything to her, and doing everything for her without her ever needing to ever lift a finger, and it was all completely natural for her, that she grew up with the mindset like the world and everyone in it all exist for and revolve around her like it's the way of the world and one of the natural laws, like gravity, and breathing air, and if you touch something really hot or sharp, it hurts. Just completely natural. That's Asahi. But for THIS story, Hime, the "FRIENEMY", she knows EXACTLY what she's doing and she HAS BEEN DOING THIS, sabotaging MC's life such as sticking to her like glue, inserting herself into any friendships MC makes and stealing them away, and then spreading false rumors and slander behind MC's back to further isolate her, and then GLOMP onto MC even more and act like her best friend and make everyone think that she's such a "saint" to "be hanging out and be friends with such a gloomy/unsociable loner like MC", etc. and other crap. So both THIS MC (Anise, I believe it was?) and Ruri (MC from "Vengeful White Cat") had their lives stalked and ruined in a similar manner before being Isekai'd by Hime and Asahi (respectively).
The second change is that Anise(MC) is actually summoned/Isekai'd into the world of an otome game that she had played (so had Hime, and apparently, Hime also stole Anise's game disk 😒), whereas Ruri was summoned to just a random Isekai, with magic, fairies, dragons, demi-humans, etc.
AFTER the summoning to Isekai-land, it's similar that they were summoned to be the prophesied saintess, but there were TWO girls who were summoned (it's similar to "Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu/The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent" in that regard too), but instead of the people who summoned them choosing the saintess, Hime stands up and STEAL THE ROLE- *COUGH-COUGH* (my apologies, allergy season is awful 😏🤧), I mean "CLAIMS" that she's the Saintess. After that, it's briefly like "The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent" in that Anise is kept around, but kind of as extra baggage/spare. But as soon as Anise tries on a whim to see if she has healing powers (she more than succeeds) and tells the castle people, they completely flip their lids in a bad way, calling her a fraud and a demon (Hime's doing her usual routine, it seems😡ლ(≖益≖ꐦლ)🤦‍♀️), and then suddenly we're kind of back to "Vengeful White Cat" in that they're banishing Anise out of the castle. However, this isn't as gentle of a punishment as just chucking her alone and tied up into a monster-infested magical forest, but though they were SUPPOSED TO take her to a war-ravaged border town to work as a medic for the army there, they'd actually hired a group of bandits to "attack" their carriage and kill Anise (but not before letting them "have their fill of 'fun' with her first" *ψ(✧益✧ ꐦ). Of course they didn't, and didn't get far enough to even touch her), which is another difference. That definitely went a few degrees darker(?)/harsher(?)/more intense(?) than "Vengeful White Cat" or "Saint’s Magic Power" ever went. After she get's out of that trouble and survives, she makes an "ultimate end goal" of getting revenge and not just sitting back and letting them do whatever they want with her anymore like she had been, but for now she's going to lay low and wait for things to calm down so she can survive.
So this story has many different elements in here that I personally like: Isekai, otome game, getting Isekai'd/summoned into an otome game, getting summoned to be a saintess, Healer/Healing abilities, falsely accused and banished/executed/killed by hitmen/etc., swearing vengeance,
a cute kitty (a character introduced in the 2nd chapter that I REEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY HOPE is going to become a regular main core party member character, cuz SHE'S SHOOOO KYUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEEEE!!!!! SWEET BABY~!!! 😻💖😻💖😻💖)
, and several others that I can't think of right now because my brain is mush and refuses to brain, lol. Anyway, this series has several elements that catch my interested in other different series, but whether they will be able to be pulled-off well in this series or not, I can't say because it's only 2 chapters so far, so we'll just have to wait and see. It's definitely enough that I've bookmarked it and that the first thing I did after reading those 2 chaps, I went to see if there was a light/webnovel for this series (there IS one, apparently, but it's only available in Japanese. It seems no one has even *touched* on translating it yet, alas, so I'll just have to read it in Japanese (it'd help with my practicing Japanese anyway), or wait until some kind generous blessed soul will appear and start translating this series into English. Or you could try Google Translate too. I've done that before.Anyway, we'll just have to see how it unfolds as the story goes. It's certainly interesting and I've bookmarked it, so I'll keep my eye on it for further updates. Give it a try if you're interested!

Anise sure is kind, she's willing to stay within the kingdom and help the people even when the royalties treated her like dirt. If it were me, I wouldn't bother with the helping the kingdom that summoned me at all (even if the people who had no part in it were innocent). First, they forcefully pull her away from her world into theirs, and two, treat her like dirt. Honestly, out of spite, I'll help the other kingdom that they're fighting against to win, just so I can spit in their face when they're getting executed, bastards deserve it. And for Hime, yeah torture and then execution uwu. But fr, I doubt there ever will be a manga that goes the "traitor" route and side with the enemy of the kingdom that abandon them but eh.

Dex-chan lover
this is not going to be a puff piece
and its an informal RANT for people thinking about reading this but have standards...
this is like a worse version of seijo no maryoku
2 saint candidates are summoned (1 presumed to be false saint and our MC the true saint)
in Maryoku both have no relation prior to getting isekai'd, the one looking well kept, hair done and make-up on, is assumed to be the saint at first glance
whereas the main girl who works spends all of her time working looks disheveled (#relatable, not everyone gussies themselves up to work at some miserable mentally draining job) is looked down upon at the start as a result (though you find out about this a little bit later when her eyesight improves and her skin looks healthier as a result of being a saint)
in this? we got a "good" girl and a bad girl who torments the good girl for seemingly no reason
-evil for the sake of being evil so to speak
where differences in culture can cause conflict which serves to paint a picture of the society they live in
in this bad girl being a bad girl and all the nobles have a real bad case of "young master" syndrome with some religious-like fanaticism sprinkled on top
hell, nearly identical premises set up in the first chapter... even down to the introduction of the prince
and soon this type of "saint getting betrayed" isekai is going to become over-saturated
just like the cooking isekais
just like the dark hero/villain isekais
spawning dozens more lifeless copies
anyhow on an earlier remark
i say "good" girl b/c really...
the motives of the saint in this have been the following
-she wants to help her benefactor
-the cat is cute
-she knows the scenario and what her mission is supposed to be
-and she wants to get at the bitch
why even look forward to any of that... we've seen the future
we know this bad girl is gonna make a really ugly ass cartoonishly distorted face ridden with malice and contempt when she finally gets her inevitable comeuppance
and so far in terms of art and narrative its been subpar, average woulda been fine i guess
saint can can cast such a ridiculous debuff such as spreading wounds/ injuries/ impurities cuz #reasons
saint coming straight out of highschool makes the conscious decision (without hesitance) to take a slash from a noble, play dead, expecting him to only take a strand of hair as proof of her death
-i daresay she also expected that he wouldnt lead nobility to the spot he slayed her to show more physical proof of her departure to the afterlife
--but she couldnt apply that weird ass convenient insight and knowledge of this world's politics when making her decision to expose that there are potentially 2 saints (she also knows ms.,soon to be mrs :) ,"bad girl" wants to destroy any shot our protag has at happiness so she actively put a bullseye on her back...)
in terms of tanking a slash to play dead... at least in re:zero when subaru comes back from getting disemboweled even though he "returns by death(? I think its called)" unharmed, he can still recall the sensation which leads to great discomfort even spanning hours since having been straight up killed
hell when i get cut up in a nightmare even i feel an odd numbness and discomfort when i wake up
was thinking 5 was reasonable for all of what we got thus far, afterall... its not so braindead that ill actively avoid it if i see an update while im bored
but as i think about it... a 3 or 4 seems more reasonable, b/c part of me feels like that that line of reasoning in itself is indicative of me setting the bar too low for the 5 star rating
i read some real generic wuxia when im bored and think very little of it
but when you have something so hollow like this, it practically begs every aspect of it to be called into question
the very first pages are shameless and practically cry out, hey this is going to be a meh story with meh characters but in the future the bitch you are going to be made to hate, b/c she's just a spawn of satan, is GOn' GET BOIIIIIIIIIiii
its like with Boruto 90% filler garbage that hurts the brain but hey the first episode (100+ episodes ago) showed the future where Kawaki and Boruto are fighting over a, once again, destroyed Konoha
and Kawaki makes the remarks your daddy is dead so im your daddy now
and everyone's like OOOOooOOohhh Narutooooo my childhood hero and inspiration is deaaaaaad (trying to be a bit humorous amid what looks to be a dumpster fire saint isekai)
btw i left chapter 2 out b/c i didnt feel like getting into convenient old man and convenient "cat" both of whom just look weird and act weird...
the cat's ugly af too, with weird proportions, so even the deus ex machina mascot isn't easy on the eyes
230 ratings for 2 chapters of so so nonsense and a majority of em are in the 8-10 range
woefully criminal

if you just want your braindead edge and characters looking smart and having to take 0 responsibility for their actions
welp this is just for you
nothing wrong with that
but lets be real
OP healing and OP debuff with unclear parameters...
plot practically works to coddle our saint girl, so it looks like her really brash and stupid actions are really calm and calculated in the end...
but i dont wanna continue reiterating the long shizz i already typed above
so, moving on, if thats not what you are expecting...
dont bother getting invested in this and harboring some sort of hope that this will be something that its not.
im of the persuasion that if something is THIS bad in 92-ish pages of content its most likely not going to get better
and if you want something more wholesome
with some drama, decent characterization
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu is just for you

since some people have real problems
let me clear this up,
i've got nothing against Biamam scans
i love some of their translations and memes (some b/c i dont read everything they put out)
my problems have nothing to do with them im 100% certain they've done the best they can bringing works that us dirty english speaking apes would never have the pleasure of even knowing about.
this is hella long
i think i covered my tracks

Nice art, tropey af, but still fun to read as a timefiller.

ps. Some people in this comment section need to take a chill pill. Writing essays about shit they don't like.
It ain't a master piece, but it's not hurting anyone. Talk about Black Powder Reading, yeeks.

Users who are viewing this thread