I, Who Have the Natural Charismatic Traits, Was Targeted by Yandere Disciples - Ch. 1

Group Leader
From what I've seen in the cover art and this chapter, seems like there's gonna be a ton of hot sesbian lex (bait?). My favorite type of lex.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
so this is the second Chinese webtoon with a gender bender plot where the MC is named bai li. is there a cultural story about the name or just a coincidence ?

Double-page supporter
so this is the second Chinese webtoon with a gender bender plot where the MC is named bai li. is there a cultural story about the name or just a coincidence ?
There is two possibilites:
  1. its purely a coincedence as 百 (bai) and 里 (li) are common surnames and first names, with them combined meaning "one hundred li" which is a classical chinese unit of measurement
  2. The other is it could be referring 百 being short for 百合 (baihe), the japanese loan word for lesbian (yuri in japanese, it just uses the same characters). This is what the genre is still called in china, albeit Citrus is so insanely popular in china that it single handedly changed how the sapphic community refers to themselves prefering 柑橘 (gam gwat) the cantonese word for kumquats and citrus fruits to refer to anything sapphic so much that you can find disguised lesbian hot spots in mainland china that use an orange, tangerine, or kumquat in their name or logo to secretly tell sapphic women this place deals business with them in the back of the shop where the government won't see them (you can even see it mentioned in chinese WNs where there will be a store named 柑橘 and the protagonist will blush while their cab driver or whoever doesn't pick up on it with it being a "if you know you know" deal).
So the name Bai li is either coincedence or a subtle nod to the genre it is hoping to be

Dex-chan lover
What happened to the second chapter? I went to the group website and it's not even listed there

Users who are viewing this thread