I Will Be Selfish in a Different World! The Story of a Selfish Saint Candidate - Ch. 2

It's been so long since this updated that I thought no one would pick this up. Thank you for the translations!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
The exact moment she said "I will be taking over the general shop"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLvVryt1fLQ&ab_channel=TagyWaggy
started playing in my head.

Fed-Kun's army
Yes, if she keeps using the summoning skill, the amount of metal, which I assume is gold, silver, or copper will continuously decrease in their world, taking it out of circulation. This is actually bad from an economics point of view. Its essentially the same as Nobles storing all their money, and never using it. Bad for economy.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@hedgemoney Wish they'd somehow address this issue as I'm really curious how "people" solve this besides ignoring it in weird money society.

Maybe the Gods will plant those missing gold in animals and turn them to drops to recirculate money. Or just plant them in the offering box of a nearby church.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep it's probably intent to be use as a deus ex, she make the concious choice to limit herself because of the level of tech and cost (yeah not because it's money that stop circulating), or a for her to summon diy book

Lmao they really let a 6 year old run a whole household and store by herself. Didn't even provide her a guardian or nanny or anything.

while everyone else is thinking of these new skills I just can't stop thinking about the swapped meal names when they first appeared 😶 thank you for the chap!

Fed-Kun's army
The circle of production skill is the most broken thing I've ever seen in an isekai. A mana cost of 1 to invoke the skill (zero cost after that) to produce an infinite amount of anything that currently exists in the world... With that stipulation, what's to stop her from simply raining gold coins? Or even if that doesn't work, simply gold ore? Or mithril? Gemstones? High grade potions?

It's also a little annoying how every single skill is being used accidentally. There's gotta be a limit to the world giving her everything on a silver platter. It's like she's living in the world of a "isekai for dummies" book, where it's simultaneously impossible to use a skill incorrectly, fail to invoke a skill, or for effort, or heck, even intent to use a skill even be required in the first place. When it's impossible to fail, on a world design level, it's almost like the skills themselves are characters as much as the people the in world are.

Dex-chan lover
@frungy the only way she gets gold coins from the circle of production would be if she made them herself, it literally only recreates things she's made

Dex-chan lover
She will never die of hunger. Because she has a lifetime supply of stir fry salad (salt flavor). Hahaha.

Aggregator gang
It just struck me what always leaves a bad taste in my mouth with these fantasy stories with RPG elements. Their stats never degrade. In real life, if you're shredded and you quit working out for a month, you lose a good chunk of those gains. If you don't speak your native language enough for a few years, you start losing your deep vocabulary.

But in these stories, if you have a language skill, it's just there and will never go away. Your stats and levels are a gradual progression up but never down for any reason. It's perfect escapism fiction for those who regularly take up new hobbies or interests but drop them after a month. Cuz in the fantasy world, even that month would still be permanent progress towards learning unlike irl.

Nothing to do with this story in particular, but I just had a random epiphany when I looked at her stat menu.

Dex-chan lover
@hedgemoney : nobles liked to show off their wealth, and often had a bad case of keeping up with the Joneses, lots of the masterpieces of Renaissance art are due to the artist having nobles for patrons and sponsors. Their wealth was getting spent on luxuries and being, oh so much being.

Users who are viewing this thread