I Will Hate You, Sayama-kun! - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - I Like You, I Really Like You

Wow what-
Wtf is up with that...
OFC he'd hate her... what a failure of an adult... wtf? is she retarded???? What- Why did she think this'd work out???????
Well, then again, it did work out. GOOD JOB! YOU'VE SUCCESSFULLY TRAUMATIZED A CHILD!!! YAAAAYYYY

Well, as much as i get why he'd be traumatized/hate the dumb bitch his sister in law, but that still doesn't explain why he said that to the mc...
Neither does it justify it, so, welp~ What was he thinking smh...

yaaaas finally everything is revealed. OUR POOR BABY ML he's tried so hard for so long

Aggregator gang
Turns out you're not responsible for other people's emotions. Iku falling in love is not Misaki's fault, nor is it her responsibility. She could have done a better job of responding to that, but that is unfortunately common to humans, and it's ultimately Iku's responsibility to manage his own feelings.

As for "hitting on" Iku, I could easily be wrong here but I think that whatever phrase was used here is one that is frequently translated as "flirting with", and the probability is high that when she said it, she was doing so in a teasing/playful way rather than flat-out stating that she is a criminal predator. Does that leave things open for misinterpretation? Yep. Is that a common problem in human communication? Yeeeep.

So yeah, sucks that she was a young person just trying to be friendly/companionable with a kid who initially looked lonely and who later she found out was going to be her brother-in-law rather than being a trained child psychologist who always performs every human interaction properly and flawlessly. But please, do let me know if you ever meet anyone who matches the latter description. Bigfoot would like a friend.

Dex-chan lover
It’s not her “fault” that he came to like her but it was absolutely her fault for reacting to it the way she did. He was/is a child and she was the adult in this scenario. The fact that she basically was like “I don’t want to hear this” and then denied him completely for the sake of being able to live comfortably in HIS family’s home is real shitty on her part. She should have prob had some serious conversation with the older brother instead of blaming the little bro for feeling what he does and then never talking about it ever again, thus leaving it all on this child’s shoulders for him to feel “i almost ruined my family. It’s all my fault”.

Either way tho I’m glad he found some closure :)

@Tkipani

Couldn’t agree more. As an adult in University, why are you reacting so immaturely to a 12 year old admitting he likes you?

I'm sure Misaki is feeling some sort of regret by now bc she fully understood how badly she handled the situation being the adult in the senario. There could be a chapter where this hopefully fleshed out idk. Iku has resolved his feelings and they could talk now being they're older than they were.

Maybe they can finally be the family they always want to be lol.

I feel like the adults in the situation here didn't act as adults should. Not saying adults most be perfect but if you do act immature, I think as an adult you have the mental capacity to realise and fix it. She didn't .

s13

i agree that misaki should have handled it differently, nut I also feel like the brother handled it wrong too

Double-page supporter
If we're going to be talking about who acted irresponsibly, we can't forget the brother. He's the one that made Misaki insecure. Instead of telling her that his bro might like her (and he was possibility venting? She seemed troubled afterall), he should've talked directly to his brother. And even after that initial mistake, he must've noticed that Iku and Misaki's relationship changed. That he did nothing about it was weird... then again, he doesn't seem to be home alot so he probably just ignored it lmao. If anything, I think Misaki should've been more angry with her hubby than consulting Iku.

@semicharmed Yeah I hope they resolve this misunderstanding. At this point I don't think Misaki actually even realizes that he genuinely hates/hated her.

jak

Contributor
For once I'd like to see a shoujo where this kind of side plot (main guy liking his brother's girlfriend) was actually the central plot and the main guy actually ends up with her in the end.

Imagine passing all the "burden" (if that's the right term) to a kid like Sayama. uGH these adults... really

I'm glad he finally opened up to someone <3

Users who are viewing this thread