I Will Live Freely in Another World with Equipment Manufacturing Cheat - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Hmmm, now we have another cowardly protagonist, well, as long as this series lead the way how it turned out

Double-page supporter
Well I really like for now that MC is not stupid like others to jump in battle randomly and think "haha it will be fine I'm freaking main character of the story". He thinks quiet rationally and its good.

Dex-chan lover
The looting isn't super clear, is he getting dupes? The item drops might be separate from what gets killed, so if they kill 99 rabbits, he hands over 99 rabbits, but somehow has pelts, meat, lucky feet to keep to himself.

Dex-chan lover
@magnetsmangadex : I think his "skill" effectively gives him bonus drops that they do not normally get, the drop items you would normally get in an RPG are there, but only the MC can see or take them. He is taking those for himself, and the party is getting what they would normally be able to recieve, though likely more then they would otherwise be able to thanks to his storage, so they are still gaining from the arrangement.

@ultraleaf : it is pretty clear he is looking for items and gear so he can not die when he starts his actual adventure. A sword will be useful then, up to that point safety first.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it’s been only a few days since he was summoned by accident so I feel ya ma dude, I’ll surely be scared too. What about that? He wasn’t trained at all, better be safe than a dead failure of a hero.

Dex-chan lover
>What is the safest way to get stronger?
Kill weak things appropriate to my level? No
Exercise and learn the tricks of the trade? No
Clearly it's to go in without any training or armor to fight groups of monsters as the weakest link in the party and expect none of the monsters to attack you!
This is a bit sad

Dex-chan lover
Man that's pathetic, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I want to feel bad for the party especially since they aren't getting any of these rare drops but he is carrying all of their stuff, but is that an equal trade? only if he doesn't get a share in the physical loot picked up and split between the party I think. I doubt the party would accept that though, they all seem like nice people, so not only is he getting secret loot and money but also the parties shared reward and loot. Maybe he'll give them something in return so he's not a complete leech

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Sadrobot
While I agree, I think what makes it hard to sympathize with him is how he teamed up with a c rank party instead of a party closer to his own rank. It really emphasizes his uselessness in battle and his scummy behavior of looting the extra stuff without anyone noticing.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm guessing the gold, dagger (and pelt?) dropped because of his system?

I wonder if they made some deal about the distribution of the goods, I mean, how common is it to have an (seemingly) infinite and auto-dismantling storage? If they didn't then he's downright stealing and I wonder what kind of justification the author'll throw at us :v

Dex-chan lover
@Twi : He is looking for a specific item, and is with a party of that rank plus we have not been told what ranks there are in this world yet. Plus they ARE benefiting from him being there, him there means they can go for longer, collect more loot, and in more comfort. The parties who were aware of his skill would all see this and liely bid to get his services. He is only taking things that they can not acquire.

@JWChibi : why??? they are missing something only he is aware of, and would be beyond idiotic to tell them because the existence of the abilities would get him in trouble if found out (not just with them, but the nation as a whole since the king would definitely demand he work for the heroes and nation at the cost of the MC's freedom), but within the logic of that world they are making out like bandits since they can collect everything, and just keep going for longer, so each trip becomes massively more profitable then they would be otherwise.

@cryum : Th safest method is to acquire gear so you can train safely... which is what he is doing.

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 he's offloading all of the risk on one big break rather than spreading it. That's the opposite of safe. He didn't even train himself to use a shield or spear militia-style: that's neither safe nor risky, just dumb.

Dex-chan lover
first chapter: lool ok *click follow*

2nd chapter:.............wall i am not sure i will give few more chapter before i drop it....hope it make much batter later :/

Dex-chan lover
Seems pretty interesting and the party is picking up plenty of extra loot simply by him being there. Even if the extra drops he gets are secret the fact that he can store hundreds of monster corpses in their entirety to be brought back to town and sold already leaves them with a massive profit. Otherwise the group would either need to spend time skinning and taking whatever they can sell and having to lug it around, eventually leaving entire corpses untouched or having to return if they get bogged down. He basically ends up being an endless source of food, shelter, and carriage in one.

Is there any development when the MC will seeing someone dead because of his fault after this.. If not.. The author is a real scum..

Dex-chan lover
@cryum : not really, right now he is in desperate need of income, and working as a porter is the only real option, plus his other cheats benefit from it.

There is no real safer option, since in a society of this level a job outside the adventurers guild would be almost impossible, and a porter for a party is his best option. If the party can keep their spellcasteds safe, they can keep him safe since he will only be evading.

There is also a time factor, since the kingdom could decide to eliminate him at any moment This is not guaranteed, but there are to many possible reasons for them to decide to if even just to cover up part of the summoning.

Plus if he needs the drops then there us a real chance he needs to go out to the field, as the adventurers are likely only taking back parts of their kills (as unless every part us just as valuable, and they are not getting paid a bounty for proof of kills, they will just take the parts with the best value to weight ratio so they can maximize their payout), so the drop items might not be an option if he was not there.

There is safe and necessary risk, being a porter is basically a necessary risk for future safety.

Users who are viewing this thread