I Woke Up 20 Years Later! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this will go down the direction that those idiot guys and the commoner hag basically fucked over the entire country.

Dex-chan lover
i used to be quite enthusiastic about otome isekai/otome tropes but now I'm tired of it lol. Goddamit

This is so dumb. She poisoned her in front of everyone, nobody at that school caught that? Lol

Dex-chan lover
Uh, that was kind of an awkward start.. It was like every otome villainess cliche stacked in one and the reactions and everything was so over the top right off the bat.

I love the genre but even I'm not sure if this is going to be all that good or interesting... 😔

Dex-chan lover
Such a brazen act of idiocy would split the kingdom. At least the villain zapped Bakarina with the eternal sleep spell when no one was looking.

Group Leader
But wait, they were all like "yeah, you ate the thing that has a truth serum", and then she falls into (basically) an eternal sleep...wouldn't that commoner get the death penalty for poisoning a duke's daughter o__o?? Or hell, civil war breaking out from the prince being involved in poisoning the most powerful duke in the country's daughter?????
Like seriously they admitted to it and she essentially falls over dead

Anyway, looking forward to reading the next chapter in 2-3 months with EJ's current track record.

Dex-chan lover
Well that's a fresh take, I wonder if anne somehow got away with attempted murder.

@Doomer that's probably because of the magic she cast before going comatose

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer Probably some nonsense like her going into stasis while her body fought off the poison...For two decades...

this plot is rather painful, the witch basically bragged about poisoning little miss mary sue.

The kingdom's name already spells ruin lol. I wonder who is the king, maybe Deckard Cain .

I'm almost sure it is, and her fief or dukedom will be reformed (again) by her new re-acquired knowledge.

For those interested, the link to the NovelUpdates page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/okitara-20nen-nandesukedo-akuyaku-reijo-no-sono-ato-no-sono-ato/?pg=1
This chapter was just the prologue and the end of it says what happens to the male followers and the evil girl.

Edit: FYI the person translating the novel dropped it.

Double-page supporter
It's kinda painful to see characters being stupid just to make the plot advance. Like in Marvel movies.
And prince or not, publicly admitting prior knowledge of drugging the daughter of a duke can be a cause of civil war, because she's also royal blood.

I first thought Anne was an assassin hired by the Crown to kill Fioria because of her accumulating too much power (because no one can be dumb enough to kill royalty in broad daylight like that) but after reading the WN, I learnt she was a spy from another country. So I was wrong but still close.

page 13 she was chatting with 2 people before all rolls down the hill, so easy peasy, rebellions come easy.
please later chapters show that Vincent took charge when he came of age in Fiolias sted heheh, and there is still a faction cold war between prince faction (anna cunts) VS commoners and the good minded of the nobles (Fiolia's circle)

Dex-chan lover
welp at least is pretty fucking obvious that the otmo MC is a killer coz they said she had the idea and she had the drug ready, i really fucking hope that her harem didnt try to spin it around to cover her

So they admitted to putting something in her food and she was poisoned with lethal poison... and I am sure there was no problem with that...

Double-page supporter
So, if the prince is still with this woman after her "truth serum" put the MC into a 20-year coma, then we have a new winner for densest character in an Isekai story.

Users who are viewing this thread