I Woke Up as the Villain

Fed-Kun's army
They should add a Not Quite Gay But Pretty Damn Close tag to this.

The MC on this is quite similar to the MC from Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. Exept the fact that the MC on this one is apparently handsome-

Pretty good, my only problems are with the art style and how it draws guys, like jesus christ every time i see the novel protag hes so incredibly buff but his head is small.

Aggregator gang
We don't know the main characters sexuality, it couuulld be a bl idkdkdidkekfeke im going to die

actually now that i think about it this whole manhwa is basically just a ripoff of omniscient reader

Dex-chan lover
a mix of omniscient reader and solo leveling. lacking the apocalypse/survival urgency but it hits the sweet spots with character development and logical aspect of it.

is no one scanlating this anymore?, also people who are saying it's a copy of omniscient reader are you people new to reading manga? for every 1 manga that's popular there are at least 50 similar manga they aren't it's not always copied and when they are they are really bad interpretation of it i really don't see much bad of this one

You would only say its a ripoff if you literally only have read those two manhwa's.. they share some simeralities but so do many of those isekai like manhwa's.

Transporting into the novel, having read the novel and what not. What Im saying is: you would only say its a ripoff because you literally only have read the most popular ones and now thinking everything else is a ripoff.

@vinky You're so right. This plot is so common. And even popular series like Solo Leveling or Omniscient Reader were not the first series to have this plot. I've read tons of older Korean and Japanese series with similar plot. It's just the nature of the genre that there's a lot of overlap.

There are a lot of similarities with other novels, that's the way a trope is. However for this one, the family drama and how the Transmigrated protag (CYS) navigates the world through using his connections, gambling on his relationship and knowledge of the characters is intriguing enough hence why I'm invested in it. Especially how he's not just relying on what happens with the storyline in the novel or having to keep up the plot because CYS himself is trying to distance himself from the novel's Protag.

That's probably the biggest difference from Omniscient Reader and Trash of the Count so far (chapter 26), pretty pumped to see where the character development flows for this since politics is fun.

Users who are viewing this thread