I Won't Become a Villainess. I'm Just a "Normal" Duke's Daughter!

Really healthy examination and illustration of Isekai 😌

Really good! Definitely read and give it a try. It's adult, but light hearted and fun.

Dogshit generic villainess trash, nothing new explored, just the same old fucking shit.

This whole time I was out here thinking it was a typo when instead we were receiving a blessing, a whole new type of proto-sibling one-body-two-minds-become-one-mind relationship.....this is so sweet girls support girls by merging into singular girl.....the original body host not being forgotten is literally all I’ve ever wanted, i’m so happy

Double-page supporter
@EzWeeb

I don't know what other stories you read, but having the family immediately find out that the daughter has been 'overwritten' by a otherworlder is something I have not seen in a villainess isekai yet.

Most isekai that have the MC show up in another body generally gloss over that, so I thought it was fairly unique.

If you know of more Villainess isekai manga that do this since this is so generic, I would like some suggestions to read.

Ok the twist of the two souls and the family's reaction makes this soooo much more entertaining than a regular reincarnated as a villainess isekai. I'm soooooo excited for the future!!

Aggregator gang
Read up about this on NovelUpdates to see if there's any of the overdone-as-hell "heroine is actually a huge cunt" cliché and uh.
Wow.
Didn't find anything on that subject, but what I did find is making me think I'll just pass over this one anyways.

To anyone who sees this, go to novelupdates and read the reviews, especially the one by narutolvr and IndanaBegum (best ones i found) i regret not doing it and reading up to chapter 40 was a mistake as it felt extremely alienating and in my eyes disgusting, volume 1 is alright tho, not that great or memorable at all (already forgot after finishing vol 2) if anyone dares to read, current chapter is 16 i believe.

@Geohie Then quite frankly you have shit taste. I can think up about three just from the top of my head, there are many isekai where the protagonist is found out to be an otherworlder from the get-go, and if we're limiting it to villainess isekai, it's the same thing only the protag is a female. Which really isn't really changing the formula much, except its more """cute""". But hey if that's enough for you to change it from generic dogshit, into a never-seen-before masterpiece, then who am I to ruin your fun.

https://mangadex.org/title/26359/jishou-akuyaku-reijou-na-konyakusha-no-kansatsu-kiroku

i dont understand y no one abuses the memories of the novel like they could tell their family most of the actions of zhe important people and make a lot of money or start a rebellion and get to be royalty

Double-page supporter
@EzWeeb

Actually I specified 'villainess' because there is a huge distinction between normal isekai and villainess isekai other than genitals; reincarnation type, and consequences.

Normal isekai protagonists are almost always reincarnated in new bodies, usually the same ones as their own from their previous life (Konosuba, Re:zero, etc ), or in completely new bodies(slime, kumo desu ka, mushoku tensi, tanya, etc). However, villainess stories always have the main character wake up in the bodies of pre-existing characters, ones who are already known and established for other characters in that world.

Because of this, normal isekai don't have anything to gain or lose from the people around them knowing they're reincarnated, so it doesn't really affect the story much even if they divulge that information. That's why while it's pretty cool, I don't count it as too significant- most normal isekai protagonists do eventually reveal their status to close friends, but it doesn't have much effect on relationships, since they didn't write over anyone.

Villainess reincarnation on the other hand, actually has questions that need to be answered ( ironically the same quandaries as the Wonder Woman 1984 rape fiasco, lol)

1) Are you just stealing someone else's life? what happens to the previous owner? are they just dead, or trapped, unable to do anything as this stranger does what they want? Is it violating them to do what you want, like have sex or get into danger?
2)Is it okay to significantly change relationships the original owner built? Even if you find it distasteful, should you respect their decisions?
3)Most villainess stories just hand-wave this by saying their souls merged or whatnot but their personalities are almost entirely like the reincarnator, is that fair?
4)What about those around them? Do they feel guilty for liking someone completely different from the original, more than the original? What if they actually liked the original?

This is the only story where these questions are answered, which I do believe is enough (at least for now) to make it not 'generic dogshit' despite, admittedly, having a fairly generic plot. (Also in no way did I imply that I thought this was a masterpiece)

@Geohie I concede on the point that isekai and villainess are not exactly the same, though the, "oh no I've been reincarnated as a character from a video game" has most definitely done many times before. The Villainess genre is pretty much that except the protag can't pee standing up.
( ironically the same quandaries as the Wonder Woman 1984 rape fiasco, lol)
I'm not even going to find out what this is, I like not having a migraine, thank you very much.

T,
his is the only story where these questions are answered, which I do believe is enough (at least for now) to make it not 'generic dogshit' despite, admittedly, having a fairly generic plot.

Fair enough, the villainess genre somehow manages to draw a primal hatred out of me every time.

Double-page supporter
@EzWeeb

I mean you do have a point. It's just that my taste is pretty.. uh... let's just say I have a low bar when it comes to good enough- I thought Thor 2 was decently fun, and that Suicide Squad was enjoyable as it was. So take that as you will.

ooh i’ve never seen the villainess’s soul and the mc’s soul joined together before! that’s interesting

Dex-chan lover
ah isekai'd as villainess chara again? dumb boring.... manga nowadays always about being reincarnated or something boring like that... so fkn many story become villain nowadays even manhwa/manhua

Users who are viewing this thread