Ichigo no Gakkou

Dex-chan lover
Warning: this manga is emotionally harsh, the last chapter is simply devastating, even knowing from the beginning how it ends.

Dex-chan lover
What's devastating about the last chapter? It's a happy and cute ending and I liked the manga overall.
Honestly the society in that manga is really trashy and the teacher shouldn't feel so bad about his deeds and instead continue to be a teacher. Also it's dumb af as to why the female student had to drop out of school.

I would only understand punishment to people who harass others. If both are genuinely ok with each other then where's the problem?

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123
I'd rather have discussed it when they upload that last chapter. But since you're asking.
When she is delivering, she was in panic and started to remember and begging for the mother's food, for the talks she had with her teenage friends. The author reminds you that above all else she's still a child.
Then we jump to the beach scene, the 3 of them are happy together, however when they cross a group of girls walking and chatting careless, she looks at them with a look of envy because she knows that all that part of life she could never be fully enjoyed because she had teacher-student relationship.

She loves her husband and her daughter but all those experiences could have waited a couple of years.

Dex-chan lover
Well I've read it a long time ago so I don't remember it clearly. She could still be studying while having a child. The teacher has income and is also responsible for the child. Of course, the female student should take a little vacation from school and continue it 1 year after delivery. Which school doesn't give vacation possibilities? There are also people with illness in the world.

Dex-chan lover
If they had called the police he would be considered a pedophile, no school could or would hire him anymore. In addition to betraying the community, to save his face he had to leave the city where they lived, she left with him.
She actually went back to school to finish school and even had friends but now she also had adult responsibilities, for her it was no longer the same school life.
That's the drama of the story.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the laws are different in Japan and I'm missing something, but she's only 16 at the start. Why isn't he in jail?

Dex-chan lover
@Brightamenthyst Age of consent is 16 in Japan, and if I recall correctly, even younger in certain prefectures.

Fed-Kun's army
It's a concrete story, well done and cover things that happen and a lot out there.

All I can say is, this is a story that you have to ready (if it picked your interest) instead of going by others opinions.

I liked it, it really took me a while back in time when some friend of my childhood passed by the same situation (but it wasn't a teacher tho), but in her case, it wasn't that much of a happy ending like on the story.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anywhere in Japan is actually okay with under 16 currently. It's a bit complicated and stupid, really. Alright so here's how it currently goes as far as I'm aware. You may have heard or read that 13 is the age of consent in Japan. There is actually a law involving that age in that context still in the books. This was a statutory rape sort of deal. Do the horizontal mambo with anyone under 13, you go to jail for a while regardless of what the kid said about it.

However, the child welfare act has an article in it that makes fornication with anyone under the age of 18 illegal now too. So, this means you'd pretty much have to be married to legally have sex with someone between 13 and 18 years old. As for the marriage thing, the legal minimum ages for marriage in Japan are 16 for women, and 18 for men. You can't get married when you're under 20 without the consent of your guardians.

Keep in mind I'm not sure how long it's been this way, and that this story isn't exactly something that just came out. It's not exactly impossible that the article in question from the child welfare act was different or didn't even exist in this form at the time the series was written. In short...

TL;DR: Everything I just said may not have even been relevant to this particular story at all, but should more or less be the current situation (unless you're reading this comment like, years after I wrote it, who knows what could have changed in that time except the fact that I just wasted a lot of time writing all of this and you wasted time reading it).

Great manga. Inspired me to be a teacher, but I'm yet to meet my heroine.

Dex-chan lover
This is definitely bitter sweet.

They are happy but at the same time full of regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread