Ichizu Bitch-Chan (Web) - Ch. 14 - A story about paying my flirtatious kouhai a visit

Dex-chan lover
Hurry up...

IMG-20200813-165145-241.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Need an actual Japanese to confirm if mothers actually use the phrase ara ara or is that just manga fantasy like getting embarassed by "indirect" kiss.

@miscacc Not actually Japanese, but I know enough. あら(ara) is definitely used. I know I use it (M), and some people I know use it(M&F). Not very common tho. あらあら(ara-ara) is probably only used by older women. I don't know any old Japanese women, so I can't say much, but it is used, at the very least, at a time before. あらら(arara) is also used by both men and women, with a feminine tone. If you want another thing people say in anime but is common in actual Japanese conversation, I welcome you to おや(oya) and おやおや(oyaoya). This is definitely used. Same with あれー(are-) and あれあれ(are are).

Aggregator gang
@Silverfan14 And here I was thinking it wasn't used outside of anime/manga. I watch a lot of Japanese movies(mostly J-horror, though...so maybe the circumstances just doesn't call for it) and don't remember hearing it in any of them. So seeing as how I've only seen it in manga/anime pop culture, I just assumed it was fantasy. Then again, never really looked out for it...

Users who are viewing this thread