Ie ga Moete Jinsei Dou Demo Yoku Natta kara, Nokotta Nakenashi no Kin de Dark Elf no Dorei o Katta. - Ch. 5.1 - Secret Weapon

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

While its generic trope of the isekai protagonist helping everybody in need, even those that have wronged them at least the author went out of thier way to try and justify why the protag is helping this asshole by 0resenting the concept that the ass has teammates that have family, thereby having the protag feel obligated to help so that the other party members of the the assholes family dont have to suffer the same fate he did.
While it doesnt really justify and continues the trope of isekai protag helps everyone even 'assholes' it does go out of it's way to try and justify the protags actions which is more than can be said for most isekai series

I'm not a webnovel reader so I'm just gonna guess his secret weapon is like a railgun or something

Dex-chan lover
@Coralis
i know, but sigh. it's been used so many times
not necessary same path, but the essence is the same

be rational for once!
they're axxhole
you're NOT OP (but usually there's PLOT ARMOR in this kind of manga... damn it)
you risk yourself for just gratitude, if you do get one. usually there's NONE though
not enough compensation!!! that's right, it looks greedy but that's how adventurer works (especially since there's NO insurance policy)
lastly, he doesnt have kids yet

Contributor
fused the picture

kbRjJJQ.png

Dex-chan lover
@Kshatria the issue is not his level of greed, it is his level of incaution. He is the weakest of the weak delver (as far as he knows. but like you said, this is a plot armor and misunderstanding-genre story...), with a subpar weapon that will break before he even does a proper attack (clearly not up for even hurting an earth dragon, even if he aims at the eyes), and no armor. Even worse as he is dragging someone he clearly cares about into the danger as well. He might be talking about a secret weapon, but I really doubt it will be something he thinks is up to the task of slaying a dragon specced for defense in a single hit (he said he collapses afterwards), and with how he carries pretty much nothing, I will be surprised if it doesn't involve using his "trash"-spear.
Charity is a privilege of those that can afford it, so if he is not strong, he shouldn't charitably try to leverage his combat ability for others sake. Had it been a sacrifice to lure it away as bait, then fine, it is his own lives (plural yes, he literally owns the slave) to do with as he wishes. But he clearly hopes to survive.

Dex-chan lover
His damn mantra was not to overextend and safely return home, but the second he hears about someone's children he pretty much discards his previous mentality and turns into a wannabe hero? Fucking hell...

Users who are viewing this thread