Ie ga Moete Jinsei Dou Demo Yoku Natta kara, Nokotta Nakenashi no Kin de Dark Elf no Dorei o Katta.

Dex-chan lover
Hehe, look at those 1'ns

sLaVeRy bAd so mAnGa bAd! Need more accounts to rate it 1 so everybody would know how bad this is !!! Derp derp! Time to shave my neck.

MD users never fail huh.

Dex-chan lover
@Levan072 it's probably a disguise, some handy magic, since dark elves are rare and someone may try to take her away while traveling

@greatninja3 Did you seriously use Romans as an example? Enslaved people were often byproducts of genocide committed by the Romans and depending on where the enslaved person was from, the slavers would often send them to mines where their lives were pitifully short.

There was even a time where a Roman guy who would often feed the enslaved people to lampreys if they broke any of his cups etc, which kind of ticked of Augustus and ordered the guy's cups to be destroyed.

So enough about that "slavery isn't that bad", if it isn't that bad, feel free to come to me and be my slave, I would love to feed you and your family to lampreys for fun, cause why not?

Contributor
@AlphaFlow

Including slavery doesn’t innately make a manga bad. It’s only an issue when the only reason why it’s there in the first place is to give the MC a loyal companion who is also in love with him without actually going through the ropes of building a relationship.

Let me try to elaborate through an example. Imagine if in One Piece, Luffy obtained all his crew members by buying them. None of the events that really show Luffy’s love for his crew - the Arlong arc, the Enies Lobby arc, the Drum Island arc - occur. All Luffy does is buy a new crew member at every location, and they instantly become loyal to him. As a result, Luffy doesn’t really get a personality of his own - he’s so milquetoast that any reader can immediately see themselves in him. That would be a horrible version of One Piece, right?

why would you buy a slave an not wood to atleast try to make a new house and if nothing matters once again why tf did you buy a slave

@mikejacobs

Some slaveowners are bad therefore slavery is bad? By the same reasoning, some parents do extremely horrible things to their children, so raising children should also be outlawed. Free the children from their parents so they can't be abused!

Not saying your conclusion is wrong, but any time you give people power over other people, there will be numerous examples of abuse of said power. It's still necessary to have people in those positions of power in many cases, but if you have the right checks and balances you can prevent or at least punish the worst abuses. This would apply to slavery as well. There are strong arguments against slavery as a system, but "it's bad because bad people do bad things with it" is not one of them.

What makes slavery bad in most JP stories is what @xyzzy said. If a main character bought a slave for whatever purpose, then gradually grew to trust her as he gained her trust, culminating in him freeing her from slavery so they could have a relationship on equal terms, I think that would be OK in terms of a romantic subplot. Instead, what typically happens is he buys her because she's cute, she falls in love because he doesn't abuse her immediately, and when he tries to free her she refuses because she wants to be owned by him.

Dex-chan lover
Well, in the cover she sure doesnt look like a dark elf, but in the series her skin is dark tho.

I dont get why the rating is so low with only two chapters tho. I checked it and it doesnt look any worse than the 99% fantasy series with hight ratings.

I can't believe how dumb it is to rate manga to 1 just because it has slavery in it, yet here we are.

Dex-chan lover
Did the artist that work for the cover even read the manga?

Dex-chan lover
MC earned lots of money, right. But instead of buying slaves and using them in some business scheme to earn even more, he wasted his money on a huge house? This is retarded.
I thought that, as a free man, you make a slave work for you as soon as you get enough money to buy one. Working alone and hard when you can get an affordable slave... it's called autism.
Btw, there is no way you can earn so much money doing what MC did when workforce is dirt cheap thanks to slavery.

@vodkavodka buying slaves is actually really stupid. for the money to buy a slave you can hire someone for years and you don't have to spend extra money to feed him, provide him with clothes, a place to sleep, medicine if he gets sick( because if he dies your investment is gone) or a guard to make sure the slave doesn't run or slit your throat.

They need to just add a “slave fetish” option to he genre tags since that’s about half the fantasy manga and these days

Users who are viewing this thread