Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Senpai, you're kinda...

Dex-chan lover
I think we are in the clear for now, since Ecchi No Doujinshi Scans are known for not pussying out of fan TL a work even if it gets an official TL.

Probably only a direct cease and decist from the official company would stop them.

Dex-chan lover
As usual, people already being fearmongers and tend to be same people posting their garbage then leave lmao, Nagatoro been licensed since like 2019, is being simulpub in k-manga and this kodansha usa group isn't even managed by official just like the other official groups

Scanlations ain't gonna stop now, they didn't even with simulpub

Last edited:
Contributor
This doesn’t mean the old translations are going to be removed from this site, right? I know that’s happened with other manga.
There’s only been like one instance where a publisher themselves told Mangadex to take translations down - years back when Viz requested the takedowns of One Piece, MHA, Demon Slayer, One Punch Man, Act-Age, and Way of the Househusband.

All other instances, the only takedowns have been voluntary - in other words, the scanslators do it because the official release is offered in a better way.

Dex-chan lover
There’s only been like one instance where a publisher themselves told Mangadex to take translations down - years back when Viz requested the takedowns of One Piece, MHA, Demon Slayer, One Punch Man, Act-Age, and Way of the Househusband.

All other instances, the only takedowns have been voluntary - in other words, the scanslators do it because the official release is offered in a better way.
The Act-Age chapters getting removed was very odd to me because they announced they were ceasing all activity & removing any content related to it. The only thing I can think of is that they just wanted to scrub the Internet clean of it & erase it from history. I don't condone what the author did but I still feel bad for Usazaki Shiro sensei.

Contributor
The Act-Age chapters getting removed was very odd to me because they announced they were ceasing all activity & removing any content related to it. The only thing I can think of is that they just wanted to scrub the Internet clean of it & erase it from history. I don't condone what the author did but I still feel bad for Usazaki Shiro sensei.
My guess is that if manga websites kept hosting Act-Age, clueless readers would go “wait, why did they stop releasing chapters?” and then hound Viz demanding that they release more chapters

You might think “oh, there’s no way manga readers would be dumb enough to do something like that” but I’ve seen anime fans go ballistic when Japan changes the national minimum age of consent and claim that any LGBT content must be “woke” because there can’t possibly be any LGBT people in Japan. There are definitely readers dumb enough to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread