Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 121 - Because you were begging me in tears, Senpai ♥

Fed-Kun's army
How devilish of them (or nagatoro)
Truly the devils work

Lets see will the yusha paisen conquer his fear

Fed-Kun's army
Senpai can recognize Nagatoro by her smell alone. Is this normal?
I'm pretty sure it's just the smell of a girl who's been working up a sweat running literally all over town for the past hour or so, not to mention having already had a sweaty judo practice immediately beforehand. And yes. girls do have a different smell than boys. Also heavy exercise can release pheromones, which the opposite sex can subconsciously pick up on, especially in hormonal teenagers.
[EDIT] Although reading through some of the other replies to this question, apparently some posters swear that this is an actual thing, that people can identify individuals by their characteristic smell alone. And with all the exercise Nagatoro's been having for the last several hours, she's gotta be pretty ripe to begin with...
[2ND EDIT] The Hungarian scanlation just went up yesterday, and in the fine print under that panel, it reads (translating from Hungarian) "He smells her hair, nothing else" with the previous panel being a shot of Nagatoro's long hair. If I remember right, in previous chapters Senpai has mentioned the smell of her hair as being rather distinctive.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Well, this could go a number of routes:
(1) The girls decide to not intervene; meanwhile, 'Toro and Paisen have a calm, quiet bath facing away from each other (or with their towels covering them, which has become the usual conduct in actual mixed-baths in Japan), without much happening besides a heart-to-heart chat; with perhaps a few attempts at peeking at each other and some ensuing teasing... although this could wind up in a "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" situation;
(2) Paisen takes the opportunity provided by the setting, the situation and the atmosphere to confess (or attempt to confess) his love to 'Toro;
(3) The girls decide to barge in and break up the situation--which would honestly be the smartest thing to do, considering that this IS a school trip, and both the school and the chaperones could be held liable for students' conduct; this could also be very much a moment-killer for a confession attempt from Paisen;
(4) The girls wind up spying quietly on the pair, refraining from interrupting them in order to see how the situation plays out.

All bets are off if:
(a) The adults (Sana and the 'Toro siblings) get wind of the pair having gone to the onsen together; or if any of them decide to visit the onsen on their own without knowing Hayase and Paisen are already there; or
(b) If Shikki and her two friends wind up either going to the onsen on their own, or also get wind of the pair going down there together. As we've seen from both the "mix-up-in-the-shower" arc and the arc where 'Toro and Paisen visit the love shrine, Shikki herself seems supportive of 'Toro and Paisen getting together, and while she has something of a mild, judo-based rivalry with 'Toro, she doesn't consider her an enemy any more than Orihara does. But her two friends are a totally different story... in fact, the one girl friend of Shikki's (the sniffer) seems to outright hate boys. And as we've seen several times since their introduction, those two aren't too fond of 'Toro, either...

However, don't get your hopes up on our pair doing the nasty (at least not yet). Apparently Nanashi has made it clear he's not going to subject the characters in this manga to any of the ero/hentai stuff he's also known for. And if they do ever get it on, it'll probably just be implied in one of the final chapters or in an epilogue if/when they're married.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Did senpai just casually invite a girl to bath with him? it is this just normal in Japan? I don't understand

Fed-Kun's army
Did senpai just casually invite a girl to bath with him? it is this just normal in Japan? I don't understand
No; the girls had been to that onsen in the last chapter, and thought it was a normal one where men and women were separated. They evidently didn't notice at the time that it was a mixed-bath onsen; probably because there were no males around at the time. Most public hot spring baths are separated in Japan; and mixed baths (konyoku, 混浴), which were once quite common, are becoming a rarity.

i just realized that community forum can be accessed via chat box icon beside a chapter.
ALSO, LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE PROGRESSION BABY !

Dex-chan lover
That's a hentai artist for you. Makes our protagonist able to identify her by smell alone.

Users who are viewing this thread