Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 65 - Watch over the house for me, okay, Senpa~i♡

Aggregator gang
I don't think some people here understand why Senpai (deliriously) referring to Nagatoro by her first name is such a big deal and why Nagatoro is more shocked than flustered.

Back in chapter 62, Nagatoro and Senpai discussed whether or not Senpai should know Nagatoro's name, only for Nagatoro's sister to just blurt the name out anyway. In spite of the sister's interference, Senpai and Nagatoro came to an agreement that they should hold off on that with the added knowledge that Senpai will ask for it one day without any contrived circumstance or wager forcing anything. Considering how referring to someone by their first name is considered in Japan as an action that shows two people being very close, the chapter is basically Senpai and Nagatoro agreeing to advance the relationship, when the right time comes. The two want more out of their relationship, but they don't want to force the relationship to progress just yet.

This chapter has Senpai, in a fever dream state of sorts, referred to Nagatoro by her first name. Whether Senpai realized this or not, he basically admitted to Nagatoro that he wants to refer to her by her first name and in turn, also says that he is ready to advance the relationship he has with her. Due to the delirium caused by his fever, Senpai inadvertently confessed his feelings to Nagatoro by calling her Hayase.

Nagatoro is shocked because while she does care for Senpai, and was willing to give Senpai her first name in chapter 62, she was also willing to hold off on progressing her relationship with Senpai. She, like Senpai, hasn't really dealt with this sort of relationship and as a result, doesn't know the proper conduct of how to handle said relationships. It's why she refers to online articles such as "What to do on zoo dates with your boyfriend" or "Things that drive a man wild". She's new to this kind of feelings and doesn't know what may or may not work and doesn't want to ruin things between her and Senpai. It's why she's worried that Senpai may fall for another girl like the art club president or her own friend when Senpai went on a fake date with her, yet she never properly conveys her feelings without passive aggressive comments or angry glares.

While Nagatoro does have her own feelings on how her relationship with Senpai should be, she does not know what the right course of actions to take.

Due to Senpai's slip of the tongue, the proverbial ball is now in Nagatoro's court. Even if Nagatoro and Senpai don't start dating after this turn of events, or even if Senpai forgets what had just happened and Nagatoro chooses to ignore what he said for the time being, Nagatoro is now aware of what Senpai, at least subconsciously, wants out of their relationship. It's up to Nagatoro whether she reciprocates, or allows herself to reciprocate, Senpai's feelings of becoming closer.

Dex-chan lover
@The_Trash_Man
"Senpa-Naoto....I'm sorry I miscarried....again...the doctor said my body isn't broken or anything...I-It's like gachapon! Sometimes you g-get unlucky and a stinker pops out!.......I miss when you smiled...we can try again...don't you want to do lewd stuff together like the old times?....it would be nice to be touched again.........I miss when you smiled....
nahx8d.jpg

K7fvqpP.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
we need a spin-off like Takagi -san's (Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san)

with the title "Ijiranaide (moto) Nagatoro-san"

or at least the same concept

Dex-chan lover
Wifey-toro was absolutely fantastic. Should've seen it coming, but the first name drop caught me completely off-guard, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread