Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 67 - I won't tell you, Senpa~i♡

I love his character growth, he is finally be able to talk back to her, speaking his mind without the fear of being rejected. He gained so much confidence thanks to her.

Fed-Kun's army
That looks like a Kung Fu or maybe Kickboxing stance. I did Kung Fu for six years and I recognised that stance immediately.
Also full body noodletoro was a whole new level.

Well Paisen already confirmed that the pose is not a karate one and if it was kickboxing she would have her guard on her face and not her chest, I am leaning more towards Tae-kwon-do because as far as I know thats the only martial art that uses these little hops to facilitate kicks. We have also seen Nagatoro throwing a lot of kicks with rather ease throughout the series (way more than punches) so I believe Tae-kwon-do was her previous martial art.

Guys c'mon. There's no point discussing which martial art the pose is take from.

When it's crystal clear Nagatoro is just remembering the basics of CQC

Dex-chan lover
I'd guess it's ballroom dancing or something like that. That would explain why Nagatoro looked sort of embarassed when her friend asked if she was going to try it again (with Paisen!)

Aggregator gang
@Asheron
!!
You know, That was my first thought too! But when one of the friend girls said "wanna try again?" I thought it might have been something Nagatoro had been defeated at.
Ballroom dancing! With Senpai! You know you're interested, Nagatoro Hayase!

Dex-chan lover
Muay Thai, Capoeira, Boxing, and the secret ingredient (which I'm betting my ass is Karate) ... girl, you need some grappling in your style!

EDIT: Actually, I guess that might actually be Judo. Which clears that bar!

Dex-chan lover
oh my god that's straight up goddamn BRUCE LEE MOVES - the nose wipe thing, the "don't think", that's all Enter the Dragon straight to the core

edit: @XDuy saw it

Dex-chan lover
@tyhkol
With how often Nagatoro kicks Senpai I thought the martial art might've been taekwondo, but it's pretty unlikely since it's a japanese manga.

Nah, it'd be entirely reasonable for her to be into Taekwondo. She studied both Muay Thai (which, admittedly, has been gaining in popularity, at least in the west) and Capoeira (which is RARE AS FUCK to find an actual professional instructor in, the only Capoeira I've seen around is more of a watered down martial art as a fitness regime - something like Crossfit or gymnastics with some martial arts thrown in or something). I don't think she cared about where the style came from, she was just interested in all of them. And, with Capoeria, (albeit non-traditional) kicks are more emphasized, and Muay Thai does have some favor to strong side-kicks which she does some of. And she did kickboxing as well, but she kicks fairly high sometimes for it to be that.

Users who are viewing this thread