Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san

Just thought I'd see what input I get. I have a very bad connection which means most chapters take anywhere from 15 to 45 mins to load or else I would just keep reading for myself to find out.

I've only read a little bit so far. I'm not sure if I should continue- I kinda dislike her treatment of him so far (ch 2-3), if it is just her being a bitch and picking on him because she can. From what I've seen elsewhere I'm hoping it's more from her actually having an interest in him or the like, and maybe like 'pushing' him to grow/open up more- that type of thing I can enjoy reading. I'm hoping it is like that, I would like to be able to enjoy this, I like the art and I think she is cute; but I just can't stand 'needless' bullying/sadism if I'm wrong. And spending hours to find out I'm going to hate the main heroine would be a real bummer.

@Otakuman706
The series starts off rough, but gradually Nagatoro starts treating Senpai better. The bullying gets less cruel and you get to see that she actually cares about him. The bullying in the first couple of chapters was so bad that I almost stopped reading, but I'm glad that I stuck with it. The series ends up being really cute.

@jchainz
Thanks, yeah I read the first ch when it came out and dropped it. Then after a while, and seeing how much more there was I tried again but by the 3rd ch I wasn't sure again lol. Thought I'd read some comments before investing any more time.

Anyway, thanks for the input, I'll keep it up :)

I recommend everyone who consider her actions as full-fledged bullying at least read up to chapter 3 included. Senpai himself proves you wrong. And Nagatoro has twisted personality but she never crosses the line and periodically self-reflect.
Personally I am waiting for some real "challengers" (enemies) to appear. Maybe someone from Senpai or Nagatoro's past.

Fed-Kun's army
@UrFrenchNeighbor: All groups have that one "parrot" that tries to fit in too hard. My guess is she's not really gyrau or a gal or manba (or whatever the term is now. I can't keep up. I still prefer Ganguro), but the others think she's too cute and befriended her regardless. I don't think she looks uncomfortable, though. She just looks...ditzy.

@Otakuman706: Believe me, I know how you feel, but finish Chapter 3 it totally makes up for it. She straight up asks him why he tolerates her, pointing out even she thought what she did in the Ch 1 and 2 was pretty messed up. She has her playful bullying style, but you get to see a lot of cute moments when she's alone and she also gives genuinely helpful advice to Senpai (such as the purpose of giving and receiving compliments). Honestly, it doesn't get near as sadistic for the rest of series past Chapter 2.

Over 350k sales with 3 volumes, that's over 100k per volume, wow that's amazing. Even something like Nisekoi was averaging about that much and it was in Jump, not a small magazine.

Look at you Paisen, from loser to MC with a harem of waifus.
Proud of you! ?

First thing I´m going to say, have a little patience with me, this will be my first review (and english is not my native language).

For those who think the first three chapters are too intense, you have to keep in mind that when you first meet someone, the experience itself is a little different form person to person. For example: all people had a friend or two that when first met they thought were annoying, ugly, creepy, or whatever adjective you may add. Passing on time, you get used to eachother or not.
I think this is the case here, it´s a slice of life story about a introvert second year high school boy with big imagination and artistic abilities and a first year girl quircky, very energetic who seems prone to take her sempai out of his confort zone.
The characters are built very simplistic, both are going trough the awkawrdness of adolecence, finding ehach other as a member of the oposite sex, but at the same time getting flustered when they become to close.
The main characters are great, the supporting cast does their job which make it work greatly.

Now some critics, from my point of view is better to ad a little context to every story so you can understand why the characters are the way they are (we only have hints on why sempai is bullied at school but nothing more). for Nagatoro an her friends we have zero information, you can guess something about her by her actions when sempai is not with her, on how she is cold with men but nothing more. Her friends do their job, but there´s nothing clearly defining them from eachother, I mean you can have a single support cast that works the same.

I think that it is a good comedy, but in order to make it better, you have to add a little bit of drama. For example, you can show sempai really being bullied by some kid who wants to date one of the girls; and that situation would rise awarness of how cuel these abuses can be and how friends can support you when you need help.

If I have more to add, will be in future comments; but for now it´s all I can say about this manga, every one should definitly read it, its light, fun and relatable.

It would be nice to get another female character, this time a nice, shy girl that gets along wth MC. The opposite of all current girls. In other words an actual serious threat for Nagatoro. I would love to see her reactions.

Sometimes it feels very repetitive, I know trolling senpai is what this manga is about but after a while I need a real development (not much, just a little).

Aggregator gang
@_Koutarou_

I have to disagree with you when you say there's "no development". There's plenty of development between Senpai and Nagatoro.

Senpai is gaining confidence. He's going outside more, doing activities outside of drawing. He's talking to other people that at the start he would've just ignored and/or actively avoided. He's even wising up to some of Nagatoro's tricks and even got to turn the tables on her for a couple of chapters
like chapter 26

Nagatoro is becoming more reserved. She's not bullying Senpai like she did in the first two chapters. Her teasing is now more light hearted, only going over the top when Senpai says something that makes her upset
like in chapter 23 when Senpai says that he and Nagatoro aren't a couple
or when she's trying to help Senpai boost his confidence.

There's even an extra chapter (chapter 23.4) that shows a nightmare scenario for Nagatoro where her teasing of Senpai goes so out of hand that she risks losing him to her friends. Which explains why Nagatoro lightens up on the teasing.

Just read chapters 1-7 and compare it to chapter 24-28 and tell me that the story has no progress or it's all repetitive.

It's certainly less repetitive than Yancha Gal no Anjou-san or Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (both of which I like) where the dynamic between the main couple doesn't change at all and each chapter stays true to a certain template, only taking a break to look at some of the side characters.

I feel that when you say there's "no development" you actually mean "I want a confession/kiss/relationship upgrade because that's what I feel is the only real sign of progress in a romance manga".

Surprises me that some people actually can't tell that there has been character development in almost every chapter.

Oh god, this manga is pure torture for me as someone that was constantly bullied by girls :(

Still kind of cute though the more you read...

Users who are viewing this thread