Iken Senki Völundio - Ch. 1 - Surreal Sword

A man and his loli run a tavern in an era of intense war. I'm in.

I bet Amber is one of the four heavenly kings, the white tiger or something.

Fed-Kun's army
Ahhhh she live! & she's so SMOL!!!!

I hope this is a sequel instead of a prequel

Supporter
@Metalwolf The Japanese name, based on ch. 0 is "Kohaku", with "Haku" meaning "white" so yeah, she fits the name pattern. She also matches the appearance of one of the Kings as shown in Helck. So unless Nanaki is deliberately messing with us by having a convenient lookalike, she's the White Tiger King, yeah.

Double-page supporter
@KeiosKod, IIRC Awakened Heroes are just a natural phenomenon where certain humans would be born with enough strength to obtain high levels. It was implied that in the past, heroes were much more common before the era of Helck and Cless. There were spells that could forcibly Awaken people into Hero levels, but that would result in them running into the risk of snuffing their ego out, becoming Dark Warriors, or outright New World Organisms.

The Contacted, people who were spoken by the Will of the World, were potentially given Awakened levels, but they'd (mostly) become obsessed with using their power to bring about the New World. Mikaros wasn't a hero at all prior to being Contacted after he faced Azudora, but he gained near immortality and super regeneration along with great magic. On the other hand, Raefeed was a naturally Awakened who gained the ability to reincarnate, lifetimes before being Contacted (and even then, it only lasted for one life, the rest was just him remembering what the Will had told him, he wasn't consumed like Mikaros).

It was basically outright stated that Helck was a naturally Awakened Hero when the Will contacted him, but he was able to suppress it, so he basically got double buffed.

The real question is, is this a prequel or a sequel, or an AU?

Dex-chan lover
Oh.. White Tiger = Byakko = 白虎
白 = shiro / haku
虎 = tora / ko
Flip the two words, you get 虎 + 白 = ko + haku = kohaku = 琥珀 = Amber

I must say, her naming sense is much better than Red Vamirio -> Anne...

@sssr
NOW when you are thinking about it, the kanji for amber (琥珀) also contains tiger (虎) and white (白) and king (王) in its radicals. Bravo Nanaki.

Dex-chan lover
@Sonic Hiya, sorry to bother again, but I made some more changes to this chapter; could you please reupload it again? Thanks ^^"""

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 1 and already supremely comf.
I can't wait for the inevitable suffering I will feel.

Yeah, good luck finding customers in the middle of the boonies. Best start working on that farm.

Dex-chan lover
@biznizz
Oh, thanks a lot for clarifying. I was really confused since I thought being an Awakened = Contacted, but it seems they’re two separate things? Although, I feel like they’re still both derived from the same source power.

EDIT: Alright, almost finished up my reread of Helck, and that’s pretty much on point, though I’m assuming Contacted like that scientist lady in the recordings of the Ancients simply didn’t have any of that power as you say.

Just a question, but when Cless was breaking the weapons of the New World warriors Mikaros summoned in the end, was that supposed to be a unique ability of his? Since Mikaros referred to it as “weapon break”, like a noun. I didn’t catch it my first time reading through the series with everyone when it was being translated, but it seems like it was a skill to explain how he could so easily break Hero Killer.

Double-page supporter
@KeiosKod

Yeah, the assumption is that the "natural" Awakening still comes from the power from hyperspace that's still seeping into the world slowly. The Demon Emperor exists to hinder it, but even then enough seeps out that New World Organisms and Heroes are still created.

The Ancient Scientist woman(?) who was mentioned in the tape is, IIRC, responsible for allowing the widespread use of hyperspace energy in the first place (as in, she discovered it, was Contacted, and willingly shared the knowledge with the world knowing it would create a New World), or she basically sabotaged all the efforts to keep the Ancient's world from becoming the world that Helck and them live in, dooming the Ancients into having to upload memories into the Archive Crystal.

Cless' abilities to destroy weapons might be, as you thought, a unique skill of his. Hero Killer, despite losing a lot of its power since Asudora gave it to his friend's family, was still incredibly powerful, so it would have taken a Hero's Unique Skill to snap it in two like it was.

Contributor
It's probably a Sequel to Helck, just because of one word "awakening".

She probably used some power to give him some hero powers, like what happened in Helck.

That aside, i'm ready for this, Amber is super cute.

Users who are viewing this thread