I'll Become a Villainess That Will Go Down in History: The More Villainous I Become, the More the Prince Dotes on Me

I just want to say there's a lot of dumb things happening but I'll continue reading cause I like how she acts haughty against the kind heroine (who is actually genuinely kind)

Lol alternative title,
"i tried to be a villainess but became the country's savior"?
(Not a spoiler btw, just a guess lol)

By their society's standards I guess she really would be a villainess of sorts; her goals basically ask them to break down their entire social structure as they know it.

This is the only manga I know that the mc actually tries to become a villainess and has black hair unlike you´re everyday blonde and silver-haired villainess lol..

Art is great. Interesting story line but way too fast story progression in my opinion. The plot just zooms and leaves barely any time for good plot or character development. It's a fast read and there's not really any struggles that the MC faces except that she's young and a female in noble society. There's no realistic growth in anything so its all unsatisfying. There's really no appeal to character build-up or personality. It seems that she is intellectually and physically OP but she really doesn't have a lovable personality that's making me root for her. Her character design (personality-wise) is pretty "generic" and dry. It's kind of like: "I need to do this, so let's do that. After I do step 1, let's do step 2, (and so on and so forth...). Oh, it's hard for me to do what I want because I'm a girl and I'm underage, oh well. But I'm good with the sword and I'm smart and the ML likes me so I'm going to be okay!" If you want a good read I recommend "When the Villainess Loves." The story progression is decently paced (not too fast and not too slow) and more realistic in my opinion. MC is quite lovable and relatable and the story is hilarious and makes me squeal with content. A much more satisfying read in my opinion. And the art is pure eyecandy.

@honeylemonmilktea : I fail to see how she's becoming a true villainess... As in very many manga she aspires to but acts as a parangon of virtues. Caring for commoners, promoting meritocracy, being willing to forgo her advantages, ... That's not what a villainess would do.

Manga is interesting but very disappointed by the initial elevator pitch ("I'll be a true villainess"... but not) and the unrealistic growth of the MC

For anyone wondering why there's so few chapters, or why there's such a significant gap between each chapter's release, it's because the manga adaption for this series is from a magazine that only publishes an issue every three months.

Honestly is there anyone in manga/manhwa that actually act like a real villain (aside from Aria's/Villain reverse the hourglass) ? this title "villain" in every isekai manga/manhwa feels really cheap and gimmicky now, none of them act like one.

so far there's no realistic character development or struggles in her journey through becoming what she wants to be, which makes it really unsatisfying and hard to go on without doubting the story. Adding to that, she's built like the 'born OP' MC, her personality is also the type to think 'things will always go okay because i have this and that'.
like other MC "Villainess" typa thing in other stories, they're always proved wrong in what they were actually trying to be or to do (in the end.), for example, the MC dies and becomes the Villainess of an otome game, they always had this clear goal and they're always naturally OP in what they do, they're persistent in their goal to live peacefully but proved wrong by the ML's. Alicia wanted to be a Villainess, but what for? when she can stay the way she is right now, and still live the life she wanted, she can beat the 'FL' without thinking she want to be bad ass and 'different/independent', but she chose not to because she wants to be exactly as what the Orig Villainess is and immediately fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread